Malaysian 777 missing

Subscribe
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47  87 
Page 37 of 116
Go to
Ok latest news from a non-US country.

Plane continued to 'ping' satellites for up to 6 hours after so called crash.
Pings show plane either in north or south Indian ocean
US navy moving to the south Indian ocean..............

see post #4016 for map

Malaysian Airlines MH370 contact lost - Page 201 - PPRuNe Forums
Quote: The only thing we, the public, know for certain is that the airplane didn't arrive at its intended destination and that we don't know where it is now. There are no other hard 100% established facts known about this mystery.

Right now the evidence leaves the door open for numerous plausible scenarios and far too many people and news outlets are fitting the evidence into pre-conceived conclusions instead of waiting to draw their conclusions after finding more hard factual evidence.
I have to agree with AZFlyer. I love James Bond and Austin Powers movies, but I think some more facts are needed. Hell, maybe The Onion has it right after all
I think they are bringing back the final season of Lost, just like they are doing with 24.
Quote: That's one explanation for the altitude changes...
I really doubt there were altitude changes. They're basing that off vertical radars that are pretty imprecise the further out you go, depending on the sweep period etc. At 50-100 miles and 3 seconds sweep it could easily be +/- 15000 feet.
Quote: Also I am highly suspect of any radar track or altitude data coming from the Malaysian Military...
Exactly. Where they show it "following known waypoints" is at least 80nm from closest shore and probably more than that to the radar source. That's already approaching the edge of even US enroute radar. Unless they have ultra-long range radar (don't know why they'd need it...) they're probably trying to track a giant blip 8 miles wide skipping around as it passes other aircraft above and below it. Computers get confused and you get "track jumps" where it latches onto a different target. That could easily account for that sudden zig-zag "turn" -- the track jumped to a different aircraft that was indeed following "known waypoints." They'd need to correlate the military radar readouts with the civilian readouts, which are all probably plotted on lots of paper. That will take awhile to go through. Hopefully that's what they're doing now.
Enter Content
Quote: Enter Content
Nice tractor; cut a lot of hay with a John Deere "Popper" when I was a kid...
Quote: How do you know that it was the Captain that turned off the transponder?
NO ONE knows that the transponder was turned off. This is why words matter so much in an accident investigation and why the NTSB is so diligent it how they word their press releases and statements. What we are seeing is an example of a wild west accident investigation, without the NTSB, and the media in charge. Impressive, isn't it?

BTW, love your cryptic avatar
This investigation sounds like a job for...

Deborah Hersman!

Where is she? I hope she's tanning on a nude beach in Maui!

Now Deborah, show us what you've got!
Just one word: Muslims.

Malaysia has a huge stake in making it Boeing's fault, the plane and all the legal liability. Triple Sevens just don't fall out of the sky.
Neither did the Egypt Air 767.

The trend is there, the data is there, the media circus is just a big distraction.
27  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  47  87 
Page 37 of 116
Go to