Mesa Hiring

Subscribe
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  27  67  117 
Page 17 of 119
Go to
Quote: I wish all you Mesa guys the very best. I hope everything works out for you and that the expansion of your airline results in better work rules and a better contract for you.
Whoa whoa that's not how this works here! You're supposed to say something hateful and demoralizing towards your brothers in this industry. Ugh...who taught you proper forum etiquette??

Seriously though...kudos to you for speaking out in support. A lot of members on here get off from running each other into the dirt. And as long as that happens, regional airline management will always win.
Quote: Whoa whoa that's not how this works here! You're supposed to say something hateful and demoralizing towards your brothers in this industry. Ugh...who taught you proper forum etiquette??

Seriously though...kudos to you for speaking out in support. A lot of members on here get off from running each other into the dirt. And as long as that happens, regional airline management will always win.
We always should support each other. We all have aspirations, we've all worked very hard and made a ton of sacrifices to get to where we are, and many of us have families behind us that have believed in us and sacrificed along with us while we work to "make it" so that they can reap the benefits of our efforts. We all want the very best for ourselves and our families...

I had the pleasure of jumpseating with a Mesa crew not too long ago. They were the nicest guys I've ever met. The first thing the captain asked when he came up to the gate was "Are you trying to get home?" I said "Yes". He said "Bring your bags down, we're not leaving you behind..." He then took it upon himself to take my bags down and put them in forward cargo so I didn't have to wait around for them after the flight. He was eating breakfast in cruise and offered some of his breakfast to me if I was hungry.

I have never been treated with such respect. You would have thought I was the president of the company...

Needless to say I was very impressed.
Think it was already answered but PHX is major senior right? Where are newhires going?

Thanks
Quote: Think it was already answered but PHX is major senior right? Where are newhires going?

Thanks
Phx is the most senior. New hires mostly get iad/clt, but one or two might get ord. That'll change once IAH gets going.
Sooo...how horrible is it exactly to live in D.C.? Why do people across every airline avoid IAD like the plague? (I've never been there myself)
Quote: Sooo...how horrible is it exactly to live in D.C.? Why do people across every airline avoid IAD like the plague? (I've never been there myself)
I'm IAD based and like it. But I'm a senior FO with a commutable line...the crash pad scene is scarce and if you want to rent an apartment, even a small one, the cost is ridiculous. Plus the traffic is unreal.
Quote: Sooo...how horrible is it exactly to live in D.C.? Why do people across every airline avoid IAD like the plague? (I've never been there myself)
DC is a great city, it's the cost of living especially at regional FO pay that's the killer. Check craigslist rentals for DC. Then check out toward IAD, it's very high everywhere. You basically will have to live 30 west or south to afford a place by yourself. The average income is over 150,000 with all the goverment suits and technology companies.
Quote: DC is a great city, it's the cost of living especially at regional FO pay that's the killer. Check craigslist rentals for DC. Then check out toward IAD, it's very high everywhere. You basically will have to live 30 west or south to afford a place by yourself. The average income is over 150,000 with all the goverment suits and technology companies.
Wow you weren't kidding. Taking a cursory glance at some of the shared/rooms section of Craiglist, it looks like Charlotte is cheaper by a few hundred. Here are some pics for comparison:

Charlotte:

DC:
Wow, these maps are making my lettering super small. Someone post some stuff so we can get to the next page.
Is your lettering small as well? Brain freeze.
7  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  27  67  117 
Page 17 of 119
Go to