Jetblue anti-union tactics

Subscribe
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 22 of 25
Go to
Quote: You can have a CA/FO rep in every base or do it in blocks of seniority. Each method has positives and negatives.

Your elected reps will construct a Policy Manual and implement the representative structure, but it must be equitable and comply with the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws. 80+ years of refining the C&BL has ensured a solid system that represents members fairly.
Yuuuup
I was at an ALPA carrier before Blue.
We do have many FO's who could hold Captain, so while I understand the Captain/FO rep deal I like the silo system better. I feel it offers a really good balance.
Quote: Yuuuup
We do have many FO's who could hold Captain, so while I understand the Captain/FO rep deal I like the silo system better. I feel it offers a really good balance.
I like the silo system too. No reason we can't set up our committees that way.
Quote: Yuuuup
+1

Another vote for the silo system.
Quote: You can have a CA/FO rep in every base or do it in blocks of seniority. Each method has positives and negatives.

Your elected reps will construct a Policy Manual and implement the representative structure, but it must be equitable and comply with the ALPA Constitution and By-Laws. 80+ years of refining the C&BL has ensured a solid system that represents members fairly.

Fairly? The current Association system is not going to work here. Like the others say we have senior FOs in every base. I don't care if it has been 80 or 8 years, the current Association system just won't cut it here. The Junior members get stepped on every time in ALPAs configuration. The current silo system or something very similar will work. If we vote the Association in and we get unequal representation of all the pilots on property, I will be on board to de-certify them after we get our first CBA. I want a union that represents ALL the pilots at JB, not an association that collects dues and favors the senior members.
Quote: I like the silo system too. No reason we can't set up our committees that way.
Sounds good! Lets do it. First lets have everyone vote! The Future is in our hands and we need Protection and Security.
Closing date
When does the voting close?
Quote: When does the voting close?
April 22 @ 1400 East coast
Quote: No to start a **** storm, but after at republic , I never want to work at a place with a union again. They do nothing but take money and act like they are helping me out. they just **** me over. Not as bad as republic , but I'm not being forced to pay republic hundred. It's horrible what little I make from one the other takes. One reason I want to go there is because of no union. **** ibt alpa
Well, you have a substandard union in the Teamsters. So it's no wonder you feel that way. Wanna be a Teamster, go drive a truck or do some manual labor job.
I fully expect our silo system to remain. I will be VERY ****ed off if it is not.
Quote: Silo system....nothing else.

We have one chance at this and I don't want a bunch of senior bus guys from FLL running everything.
I voted for ALPA but I really hope we keep the silo system.
As usual, Payne is correct. Silo system only.

Now just wait until after the vote and a group of our pilots that demands the more traditional setup, of course for THIER own benefit. Hope I'm wrong. Really hope I'm wrong.
12  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25 
Page 22 of 25
Go to