Return from leave of absence latest....

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to
Return Timeline
I'll be back this summer. With all the talk of the training centers being gridlocked (esp 737), I was curious as to how long after saying "I'm available on X date" would one be scheduled for training?

I'm guessing indoc happens at new-hire intervals, which from this forum appears to be about every two or three weeks.

I'm looking at 76T and A-320 primarily, although I might consider 737.

If anyone has experience with the timeline, I'd appreciate it.

Add-on question: re-reading this thread, I'm intrigued by the "freeze the same as the next junior guy" clause.

Does the Domicile Roster show the effective bid-date of everyone in fleet/seat? (I have a slow/difficult computer connection with CCS right now or I'd check myself).
I'm available May 1. They offered me a class on May 6 or May 22 for Indoc. Aircraft training is very specific. I have about a month in between Indoc and aircraft. I'm not sure how to get the training dates for the guy junior to you. CPO could get it for you.
reCAL:

Thanks; good info.

If you took the later date, do you still get 2.8 hours of pay a day while waiting, or does it start when you get to Day-1 of training?
Yes. I'm planning a move otherwise, ding ding ding.
Quote: reCAL:

Thanks; good info.

If you took the later date, do you still get 2.8 hours of pay a day while waiting, or does it start when you get to Day-1 of training?
Pay starts the day you say you are available @ 2.8 hrs/day and once in training it bumps to 3.0/day with per diem. Timeline to start depends on whats available. I spent 60+ days waiting for training.
If you elect to take the later class date of 22 May do you still expect 2.8 hrs pay per day effective 1 May? I would think UAL would fight to pay on date "you" picked... In effect losing 21 days.
Quote: If you elect to take the later class date of 22 May do you still expect 2.8 hrs pay per day effective 1 May? I would think UAL would fight to pay on date "you" picked... In effect losing 21 days.
Depends on the type of leave you are returning from, federal law (USERRA) states 10 days notice to return to work. So on the 11th day, regardless if you have a class or not, you start getting paid. Not sure what UAL would do if you elected to take a later class, would probably give them some wiggle room.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 5 of 5
Go to