Kalitta Air now accepting FO applications

Subscribe
226  276  316  322  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  330  336  376  426 
Page 326 of 458
Go to
Quote: It's the highest paid HOURLY RATE out of ANY airline for first year.( it's actually $101.56 X 64 hrs month = $77,998 first year) then add another $10K a year for Per Diem and your pushing $90K at min guarantee. If you still say "not bad" or "meh, it's ok". You might be better suited for the pax carriers.
Lots of haters out there S.A.
If you are going to add everything up let's not forget most legacy carriers have 16% B fund that requires no matching. I believe Kalitta is 5% and requires matching.
Quote: If you are going to add everything up let's not forget most legacy carriers have 16% B fund that requires no matching. I believe Kalitta is 5% and requires matching.
Ok, then you have to add K4's best in the industry health care, flights to and from work, perdiem from the time you leave your house to commute to work, DH pay for your commute to and from work, business class or better or money back to you for international travel, and keeping travel points. You are comparing apples and oranges here. The poster made a remark that K4 has the current highest hourly wage for new hires. That is certainly NOT a reason to come to K4. If that is your only reason then please stay away.
Can anyone speak to where Kalitta Air pilots move on to, if at all?
Quote: Can anyone speak to where Kalitta Air pilots move on to, if at all?
Delta , FedEx, UPS, United, Alaska, et al,or stay and have fun on the monthly round world pub crawl , or go back to their frac when recalled from furlough : ) K4 has some of the best pilots flying , and the alumni in the major majors reflect that
Why would anyone leave? I'd like to make Kalitta my last stop.
As well as JetBlue, Spirit, corporate aviation, Flight Safety,,,,the FAA, American.
People leave because spending 17 days a month away from home is tough. Seniority does not reduce that.
The legacies offer more variety of aircraft, types of flying, and wage and retirement packages that are far above the non-skeds.
Kalitta is a decent job, especially with the new contract, but I never understood why they didn't write schedules that were less than 17 days for more senior folks to bid if that's what they wanted. It was one of the main reasons I left, I couldn't see working that much forever. At most airlines as one advances in seniority, they gain both pay and QOL, usually in the way of better schedules with more time off.
Quote: Kalitta is a decent job, especially with the new contract, but I never understood why they didn't write schedules that were less than 17 days for more senior folks to bid if that's what they wanted. It was one of the main reasons I left, I couldn't see working that much forever. At most airlines as one advances in seniority, they gain both pay and QOL, usually in the way of better schedules with more time off.

You are right, the schedule is not for everyone. Myself, with no children at home, it is very nice to have 14/15 days in a row off every month and not commuting headaches. When I was doing the commuting thing I sometime would get a schedule that showed 18 days off. With commuting on both ends of each duty period I was home less and had much more stress about getting to and from work.
226  276  316  322  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  330  336  376  426 
Page 326 of 458
Go to