FedEx Hiring

Subscribe
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244  294 
Page 194 of 334
Go to
pressoff,
Nobody can force you to take a fda assignment, it just might delay a job offer (no guarantee since we are short in every seat). Good luck!
Which aircraft should I bid??
I'm starting class @ FedEx July 12. Today was my last day at SWA. I live in PHX and I'm looking to commute for now. I'm not nailed down to PHX, but I plan on staying (long term) in the 4 corners states since they are home to me. I'm hearing all fleet types are short of pilots. I'm not eligible for the Md-11, so considering an initial commute from PHX, which remaining fleet type would provide the best quality of life for a commuter from the southwest? (Most rapid movement up the list in the right seat?)

I flew the 757 at another carrier previous to SWA and miss the plane. I wouldn't mind being assigned that aircraft. Last 4 of my SSN are quite low, so I'm guessing a 757 assignment is a very real possibility.

Thanks!
Welcome. Go to the "I quit SWA" FB page when you get a chance. Lots of guys I know are asking about leaving SWA to go other places, so I started a place guys and gals could swap info without the prying eyes of SWA HR....
Quote: Welcome. Go to the "I quit SWA" FB page when you get a chance. Lots of guys I know are asking about leaving SWA to go other places, so I started a place guys and gals could swap info without the prying eyes of SWA HR....
Thanks Albief15. Request sent.
Congrats The Duke, how long was your app on file before getting invited for interview?
Quote: I'm starting class @ FedEx July 12. Today was my last day at SWA. I live in PHX and I'm looking to commute for now. I'm not nailed down to PHX, but I plan on staying (long term) in the 4 corners states since they are home to me. I'm hearing all fleet types are short of pilots. I'm not eligible for the Md-11, so considering an initial commute from PHX, which remaining fleet type would provide the best quality of life for a commuter from the southwest? (Most rapid movement up the list in the right seat?)

I flew the 757 at another carrier previous to SWA and miss the plane. I wouldn't mind being assigned that aircraft. Last 4 of my SSN are quite low, so I'm guessing a 757 assignment is a very real possibility.

Thanks!
Depends how long you want to be on training pay and how long you want to extend your probation. Some 777 and Airbus guys are finishing IOE before some of their classmates start 75/76 training.
Quote: Depends how long you want to be on training pay and how long you want to extend your probation. Some 777 and Airbus guys are finishing IOE before some of their classmates start 75/76 training.
Would you expand this thought for some of us duller sticks in the pile? Is probation based on hours versus a calendar period? Pros and cons?
Quote: Would you expand this thought for some of us duller sticks in the pile? Is probation based on hours versus a calendar period? Pros and cons?
Probation is based on your time to complete the training course in your assigned/chosen airplane.

So if you take longer to get through training, you will extend your probation.

The good news is that 2nd year pay clock starts the month of Basic Indoc.
Quote: Congrats The Duke, how long was your app on file before getting invited for interview?
Approx. 1 year, but I did not update regularly until several months ago. I did about 4 or 5 updates in the span of about 1 week and then got the invite, FWIW.

I only really know one person at FedEx, he was my sim partner from SWA. He was my lone reference, but I think he helped get my foot in the door. He has already been awarded 757 captain at FedEx and activates in 2018.
Quote: Congrats The Duke, how long was your app on file before getting invited for interview?
Although not the duke- I'll reply as well. I had an app on file for 4 years and started updating monthly about 4 months prior to the call to interview- zero internal references.
94  144  184  190  191  192  193  194  195  196  197  198  204  244  294 
Page 194 of 334
Go to