TSA getting 15 airplanes to fly for AA.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 20
Go to
Quote: Once agai. We pilots play checkers while mgmt plays Chess at Kasparov.
That's a very interesting observation!
Quote: What are your work rules? Min day pay? 401k, insurance costs, sick time, LTD.

You all speak of your low overhead costs, well if you are doubling your fleet they will be increased accordingly. All regional companies are banking on pilots jumping from seniority list to the next. Thus I my paying first years wages.

Once agai. We pilots play checkers while mgmt plays Chess at Kasparov.
No matter what anyone says, unless it is Eagle or the XJT contract, you won't be happy. So, I'll just say this. The TSA contract is TERRIBLE. You get 3 days off a month. The starting pay is $12/hr and if you ever get sick, they just fire you on the spot. Does that make it easier to hate them for getting more flying?
Quote: What are your work rules? Min day pay? 401k, insurance costs, sick time, LTD.

You all speak of your low overhead costs, well if you are doubling your fleet they will be increased accordingly. All regional companies are banking on pilots jumping from seniority list to the next. Thus I my paying first years wages.

Once agai. We pilots play checkers while mgmt plays Chess at Kasparov.
Our work rules are above average. We get 100% leg by leg cancellation pay. The big thing we don't have are rigs or min days. We have an unlimited commuter clause (have to list for 2 flights).

Reserve rules are good for a regional airline. The big change we need to see in those rules are a longer call out for long call reserve and a limitation on how often the can put you from long to short call reserve. We have a decent 401K and sick time. The only thing that sucks about the sick time is you can't use it for one year.
Quote: No matter what anyone says, unless it is Eagle or the XJT contract, you won't be happy. So, I'll just say this. The TSA contract is TERRIBLE. You get 3 days off a month. The starting pay is $12/hr and if you ever get sick, they just fire you on the spot. Does that make it easier to hate them for getting more flying?
Well that and we abuse baby seals....
It's easy to hate all regional pilots when your threads looks like this.
Quote: Don't know who's payscale your looking at. If I were at ExpressJet I'd have to take a pay CUT ($66.93 to $65).
whose*
you're*
^^^^ I reckon sumbudy dunn good on there SAT tests
Quote: whose*
you're*
Nice use of color.
Quote: It's easy to hate all regional pilots when your threads looks like this.
I've read threads on every board here. They all look like this with different names and different childish behavior. You're a pilot and will hate every other pilot because you are clearly better than them because you work for X and have y hours in a z. In reality, when it comes to how "good" you think you are, it's all about the cards you're dealt, the people you know, and luck.
Quote: whose*
you're*

Get a life...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 20
Go to