FAA Says *** You to Cargo Pilots

Subscribe
3  4  5  6  7 
Page 7 of 7
Go to
I think many at the FAA get that the new rules are needed to help prevent unacceptable levels of fatigue. Their announcement appears to imply they are prevented from applying these rules to all operators because politicians tell them it costs too much.

People should be held accountable. Ray LaHood is first on my list. He was in charge and made the announcement when the rules first came out. He also said it cost too much. If something bad happens I hope civil suits put him in the poor house.

Maybe then other bureaucrats will sit up and take notice.
Quote: ...Your comments are pretty myopic. I, MY, ME.

I gather you consider the concept of "WE"quaint.
....all of the mirrors in his home (and there are many) are concave
Quote: Your comments are pretty myopic. I, MY, ME. I gather you consider the concept of "we" quaint.

When rules are enacted they should be a benefit to the group AS A WHOLE. Not just to the work schedule YOU can hold. These new rules don't benefit every single line but they aren't meant to. They are meant to prevent management from scheduling those dangerous lines they just can't stop themselves from making.

You'll never volunteer for union work because you don't see anything in it for yourself or because you judge those putting in so many hours for no extra pay to be fools.

Thanks for the input. We get it.
I get it too, your world is different than mine, except that doesn't phase me at all, I'm with the FAA on this one, the fact that you whine and moan about how tired you are tells me everything I need to "get".
"Safety is our first priority...except when its too expensive, or inconvenient to ME."
Quote: "Safety is our first priority...except when its too expensive, or inconvenient to ME."
Yes... Welcome to the real world.
Quote: People should be held accountable. Ray LaHood is first on my list. He was in charge and made the announcement when the rules first came out. He also said it cost too much. If something bad happens I hope civil suits put him in the poor house.

Maybe then other bureaucrats will sit up and take notice.
You cannot sue Congressman for political decisions, poor though they may be.
3  4  5  6  7 
Page 7 of 7
Go to