UPS: All hiring's stopped

Subscribe
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 18
Go to
what about the pilot shortage ?
Quote: what about the pilot shortage ?
Doesn't exist when the business model is out-sourcing and parking planes.
Please don't nobody mention scope violations. That scope guy will be here in seconds scolding us that UPS is an honest company.

Quote: well said, If this delay lasts a while and ruins families i would expect ups skip these poor pilots and find other guys. There is always somebody willing to take the job.
Nope. UPS loves pis*ed off employees. It causes us to focus on how much we dislike our managers (idiots) and do our job.

Once you figure this out, it makes the job easier.
If I were part of this group of 24, or even one of the dozen or so that we have in class, I would beg my previous employer to take me back.

I have a bad feeling that we could be in for another salvo of lay offs, as we are knee deep in negotiations, and new hires make the perfect fodder for whatever games they want to play. Just ask any of the 109.

And with our airline within an airline, it makes it all that much easier.

This could be bad, and I hope I'm wrong.

Carry on........
As an outsider looking in I had always wanted a job growing up at UPS...up until a buddy began working there. I couldn't believe the shenanigans management puts you guys through.
This may be the most hostile work environment in the US aviation market?
Good luck to you guys...No Favors No Waivers...
Quote: Please don't nobody mention scope violations. That scope guy will be here in seconds scolding us that UPS is an honest company.

Why don't you volunteer to assist them on the Scope Committee instead of throwing innuendo and slandering our hard-working union brothers and sisters?
Well, I've always been a bit weary about working for UPS since they furloughed, but this just confirms that the money is NOT at all worth the stress and fear. I guess I should be thankful for not getting a call last year and in the current window.

It's funny, I know many 76, 74 and MD11 guys that haven't gotten a call and I guess should be thanking their lucky stars. I guess I'll keep my cushy commuting job and be content with decent pay and good QOL.

Good luck to all those affected, there are obvious better options out there hiring and hopefully you can take advantage!
Quote: Why don't you volunteer to assist them on the Scope Committee instead of throwing innuendo and slandering our hard-working union brothers and sisters?
You got problems with facts????????
Quote: You got problems with facts????????
The scope chairman is always asking for any info you have of a scope violation.
If you have it, submit it.
Now, not liking the scope clause of the contract is a different discussion...
2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  16 
Page 6 of 18
Go to