Envoy or Mesa

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to
Is Mesa's upgrade still that low? I thought they were basically staffed for all of their growth. Current upgrade time does not equal new hire upgrade time.

Envoys flight benefits are great, especially if you live in a hub. We also just picked up some flying from Mesa out of DFW that is in open time at 200% pay. It may just be temporary, but it's a sign that we will fly as many airplanes as we can staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: No. Are the number of seats important?
Yes, because if you're PIC of something with more than 9 seats, then you can count that toward your upgrade requirement. Since you don't fall into that category, you need to get 1000 hours of 121 time before you can upgrade. The seat distinction is kind of silly, but that's what the FAA has decreed, so....

I would tend to go with Mesa because it will likely get you to a major faster (though perhaps not AA, so you might have to commute from DFW at that point), but it's a pretty close call.
JO supposedly said to a newhire class that he plans to have 1,000 pilots in DFW alone in the next 5 years. We are in flux about moving the training center there (last I heard we weren't). I think Mesa is pretty sure they will only grow the DFW base. The envoy stuff is temporary as we work thru the CLT closure and crappy maintenance.

It's a crapshoot though. Flow would be nice if it works. Upgrade would be nice if its still quick at Mesa. Most Mesa pilots are happy. The ones who bash Mesa don't work here. You'll know in 5-10 years if you made the right decision, or maybe 20.
I'd say ENVOY:
Better Pay
Better health insurance
Better travel benefits
Training in DFW
Live in base
401K up to 8% company match.
Flow through to AA (6 yrs)
Upgrade (recently announced as 2.5 yrs).
Getting more DFW flying back from Mesa (due to poor performance and inability to staff).

$5000 bonus !

Good luck!
Quote: I'd say ENVOY:
Better Pay
Better health insurance
Better travel benefits
Training in DFW
Live in base
Flow through to AA (6 yrs)
Upgrade (recently announced as 2.5 yrs).

$5000 bonus !

Good luck!
The upgrade and flow are projections only, not guarantees. You can live in base with Mesa if that's a domicile. Let's stay accurate here........
Quote: The upgrade and flow are projections only, not guarantees. You can live in base with Mesa if that's a domicile. Let's stay accurate here........
EVERYTHING with the airline world are projections and subject to change including your job at AA. Wouldn't it be for the Eagle/Envoy's flow-thru you wouldn't be there right now. Stop being so ungrateful. I know it sucks being on reserve but hey you're at AA making big bucks right? Stop being lazy sitting around all day on your ipad posting on these regional forums. Go to the gym or something. I promise you'll feel better.
Another thread starting to be derailed by eaglefly. Soon to be mixed with RJ Pilot and First Class!!!
Quote: Certainly Doesn't hurt to get more but Mesa is one of the worst places to work for in the regional industry.
I can't let this go unanswered.

Mesa's contract may suck compared to others, but it isn't a bad place to work. It's been a positive experience for me so far. Great people, the training dept is outstanding, and the company hasn't mistreated me by any means.

Could it be better? Sure. But that's true everywhere.
The grass is always greener right? I've had a good time here at Mesa. I think JO wants slow, steady growth. Last upgrade went to a January hire which is great. The rest of the Ejets and CRJs come on property in the next couple of months and that's all the planned growth for now. Will probably change, but things are quiet now.
Quote: Things slipping at Mesa? Any proof to what you're throwing down or just interweb speculation?
AAG last week was gave Envoy 420 block hours per month of flying that were previously Mesa's. There's at least another 650 that will probably be reallocated to Envoy though there is speculation it could be as high as 1200.
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 2 of 5
Go to