SKW 200s restricted to 280 and 900s to 350

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 16
Go to
So does anyone actually know why this restriction exists? Was it shaker events or just guys flying slow? It specifically says 'cruise flight' not 'climb' so I'm not sure the slow climb rate is the problem here. Anyone have the scoop?
Quote: Wow talking about inexperience pilots! Zero knowledge in high altitude aerodynamics. I will never set foot again on any regional.
Never speak in Absolute! It will come back to bite you in the posterior.
Quote: Wow talking about inexperience pilots! Zero knowledge in high altitude aerodynamics. I will never set foot again on any regional.
Well, there were those AA guys that got themselves super slow in an Airbus going into holding years back......
Just think of how much radiation you'll get down at FL280.
Wow this is great, maybe we can actually start getting some ride reports! We've been so alone down here at 250...
If an RJ was actually kept on a regional route it would/should never see the flight levels.
Quote: If an RJ was actually kept on a regional route it would/should never see the flight levels.
Yes. Winner winner chicken dinner. Thread over
Thank the good Lord for this. Some idiot SKW cowboy was giving me a ride home from Den to Smf and thought it would be a good idea to go up to FL380 (in a 200) because the box said he could. 15 minutes to make it up there all the while losing speed and never could get it above about .64 up there. Coffin corner was smallest I've ever seen.
Quote: Thank the good Lord for this. Some idiot SKW cowboy was giving me a ride home from Den to Smf and thought it would be a good idea to go up to FL380 (in a 200) because the box said he could. 15 minutes to make it up there all the while losing speed and never could get it above about .64 up there. Coffin corner was smallest I've ever seen.
Coffin corner? In a CRJ 200????
Quote: Thank the good Lord for this. Some idiot SKW cowboy was giving me a ride home from Den to Smf and thought it would be a good idea to go up to FL380 (in a 200) because the box said he could. 15 minutes to make it up there all the while losing speed and never could get it above about .64 up there. Coffin corner was smallest I've ever seen.
Do they not use some sort of altitude capability chart that's based on weight, temperature, cg, and airspeed?
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 16
Go to