WSJ: Delta Air cancels plane orders..

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 16
Go to
Delta Air Lines cancels orders for 20 E190s and 40 737-900s after 12,000 pilots reject a pay raise.

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote: Delta Air Lines cancels orders for 20 E190s and 40 737-900s after 12,000 pilots reject a pay raise.
To order airplanes you usually have to put some money on the table as a goodwill gesture. Every airline does it. I wonder how much money DAL lost by canx this order just to show us they mean business. I also wonder how fast that order will be reinstated once we get TA2?
Good for RA.

If they don't make sense without the TA, they shouldn't make sense with it. Good business decision.

Looking forward to lots of profit sharing, OE trip drops, not getting hassled for calling in sick, and more widebody flying to comply with the JV scope.
Quote: Good for RA.

If they don't make sense without the TA, they shouldn't make sense with it. Good business decision.

Looking forward to lots of profit sharing, OE trip drops, not getting hassled for calling in sick, and more widebody flying to comply with the JV scope.
Exactly. Plus Nobody wants old broken first generation e190s. And I don't want any more 739's showing up until they pay 757-200 pay. Let's fix that before we bring more of these on property.
Well the regionals can't staff their current fleet and that is going to get much worse as mainline retirements accelerate... RA will be begging us to fly them in a couple of years..
Quote: Delta Air Lines cancels orders for 20 E190s and 40 737-900s after 12,000 pilots reject a pay raise.

[IMG][/IMG]
Cue the bedwetters.......
Quote: Good for RA.

your post:

Man, am I relieved. To think I was gonna maybe have a chance to move to the left seat in SLC after 15 yrs. But I would've had to be a Delta Mainline Captain flying a 190 out of SLC and SEA to western destinations like MSO, FCA, JAC, BZN, HDN, for $200/hr. But like some new-hires on this site have mentioned, who needs to be a 190 CA when I can commute to a WB? I'm too good for that! WB EASK is way more important than a chance to recapture NB flying that we've lost for over a decade.

I'll just wave to the SKW guys as they taxi out in their MRJ's in AK colors headed out to SEA.

But yeah, let's burn it down..good idea..
Do we staff our airplanes at 6 crews per airplane (12 pilots)? If so that means the real reason for canceling this order is they're short 720 pilots
Quote: Cue the bedwetters.......
As we all follow the dumb-a$$'s..
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 16
Go to