Hawaiian Hiring up to 30 more

Subscribe
29  69  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  89  129  179 
Page 79 of 181
Go to
Confirmed that a friend got the interview invite. Regional pilot with 2 immediate family members flying for the company. Don't know any of his stats.
I suspect all these guys who have been flying heavies on international routes will be pretty unhappy if they get hired and put on the 717 and stuck there for the 2 year seat lock.
Home every night is great if you live in HNL, not so much if you commute. and your per diem is taxed because of no RONs.
That is why HAL likes people who live in HI. They have had pilots quit ground school in the past when they got awarded the 717.
From what I hear the pilots on the 330 are not bidding off it to the NEOS. So most likely the most new hire slots will be on the 717 until lots of NEOs show up.
Quote: When is the new TA expected to pass, what date is the vote?
ALPA National website says vote closes on Mar 24th.
717 and 330
I hear guys saying new hires going straight to 717. Home every night, less money but definitely suits somebody who lives in HNL.

A HAL pilot I know seems to think differently. He is on 330 and says he thinks all the new hires will still go 330. Apparently 717 guys dont want to give up not being home every night. Cant blame them if it is true.

320NEO expected last qtr of 2017, 1st qtr 2018. Anybody got any relevant info on that.

Also once the NEO's arrive will the 330 and 320 pilots be flying both types due to cockpit commonality. I know Air Berlin does that in Europe to keep their pilots fresh on domestic and international routes.
I got an interview invite yesterday! When I went to select the date I was able to pick April 5th, but after that there wasn't anything until May.
Quote: I hear guys saying new hires going straight to 717. Home every night, less money but definitely suits somebody who lives in HNL.

A HAL pilot I know seems to think differently. He is on 330 and says he thinks all the new hires will still go 330. Apparently 717 guys dont want to give up not being home every night. Cant blame them if it is true.

320NEO expected last qtr of 2017, 1st qtr 2018. Anybody got any relevant info on that.

Also once the NEO's arrive will the 330 and 320 pilots be flying both types due to cockpit commonality. I know Air Berlin does that in Europe to keep their pilots fresh on domestic and international routes.
The latest vacancy bid just closed this morning. We'll see what seats they need to hire into. The last few vacancies had new hires going to the 330 and 717. Once the 321s come, only 321 pilots will fly them.
Quote: I got an interview invite yesterday! When I went to select the date I was able to pick April 5th, but after that there wasn't anything until May.
Congrats Rower,

Would you mind sharing your background? Did you start with stand by email as well?
Quote: Also once the NEO's arrive will the 330 and 320 pilots be flying both types due to cockpit commonality. I know Air Berlin does that in Europe to keep their pilots fresh on domestic and international routes.
It's usually not a "type" thing, it's the FAA's insistence that you be current (3 landings in 90 days) on both variations that makes it hard to track and maintain.
I've heard if the TA passes, then another vacancy will be put out immediately, hence the reason for the standby emails for interviews. Both actions can happen on the 24th
Did anyone out there apply without receiving the standby email or interview invite?
29  69  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  89  129  179 
Page 79 of 181
Go to