Allegiant Air

Subscribe
226  276  316  322  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  330  336  376  426 
Page 326 of 637
Go to
Enough about what might happen if we vote down the TA. The fact remains that the company came to us with an offer after they had refused to negotiate for 3.5 years. And it was a significant offer that would cost them millions.

That tells me something very significant forced them to make a deal which gives the pilots a lot of negotiating power. If this TA isn't up to industry standard, I say vote it down. I would bet we'll have an even better offer within a month.
Quote: Enough about what might happen if we vote down the TA. The fact remains that the company came to us with an offer after they had refused to negotiate for 3.5 years. And it was a significant offer that would cost them millions.

That tells me something very significant forced them to make a deal which gives the pilots a lot of negotiating power. If this TA isn't up to industry standard, I say vote it down. I would bet well have an even better offer within a month.
Dear Nostrudumass,

I'm not sure about your history in the industry but that's quite a prediction. As far as not being up to standard, I agree. Vote. It. Down. But, to say the company will be back with a better offer in a month is absurd. Call miss Cleo back, you need a refund.
Quote: Enough about what might happen if we vote down the TA. The fact remains that the company came to us with an offer after they had refused to negotiate for 3.5 years. And it was a significant offer that would cost them millions.

That tells me something very significant forced them to make a deal which gives the pilots a lot of negotiating power. If this TA isn't up to industry standard, I say vote it down. I would bet well have an even better offer within a month.
you don't think the guys in the room did not understand the leverage that they had with the companies 180. I trust the guys in the room from Allegiant and IBT used that to buy us as much improvements they could get.

I would just say for the single days off no deal guys, I would ask those on the road show from the Union/Company about the economics of getting those blocked
Understand what will happened if this TA gets turned down, in the real world.

The negotiating committee resigns their positions. The EXco also resigns their positions, new leadership needs to be vetted and elected (takes months). Most if not all existing committee members also resign in solidarity with the exco, leaving the union to be run by apathetic NO voters, (who are probably short timers anyhow).

The NMB mediator(****ed at his meager government salary) cant believe we reject this offer, decided to put us "on Ice" for no less than 12-18 months, all the while we work under the current work suggestions and remain "at will" employees. 12 year captains could have had 216.42 plus profit sharing, work for 160 hr. (current rate capped out--no increases)

HR department gets bombarded with PRIA request as mass exodus develops.

The rumored Big Order get postponed since pilot cost remain an unknown.

If you vote NO, your voting YES to being on the road 1 week a month, away from your spouse and kids, unpaid, negotiating a new TA for this pilot group. (And knee deep in emails, paper work and phone calls, to what equates to a full time job time wise, all while flying 80 hrs a month.) Thanks for stepping up to the plate.

SWA and Delta could vote NO bc the are already under and agreement, we are not. Why kick the can down the road on next TA in 2021-24, that is Stupid.

I m voting yes.
I'd like to know the percentage of pilots having single day off issues. I'm not sure if it's base specific, but I've never had issues. Even being bottom half in base-seniority, for July I bid Saturday/Sunday's off and I got weekends off, along with a 3-day Saturday-Monday off. Again not sure if it's base specific or people not knowing how to bid?
Quote: I'd like to know the percentage of pilots having single day off issues. I'm not sure if it's base specific, but I've never had issues. Even being bottom half in base-seniority, for July I bid Saturday/Sunday's off and I got weekends off, along with a 3-day Saturday-Monday off. Again not sure if it's base specific or people not knowing how to bid?
You're on the Bus. It's mainly an 80 issue as the Bus flies 7 days a week. Least that's what it seems. Although the poor junior CA in OAK back in Dec/Jan had min days off and every one was a single day off. So it can and does happen to both fleets.
as does the 757
I am a Delta pilot and voted no on our last TA. I see many at Allegiant in disagreement over this supposed historic agreement for you. I know little of the details, but if you are chasing the money your life will become very unsatisfying if you have no time to enjoy it. Does this new deal contain the ability for your airline to only give you one day off on a consistent basis week in and week out.
Quote: Understand what will happened if this TA gets turned down, in the real world.

The negotiating committee resigns their positions. The EXco also resigns their positions, new leadership needs to be vetted and elected (takes months). Most if not all existing committee members also resign in solidarity with the exco, leaving the union to be run by apathetic NO voters, (who are probably short timers anyhow).

The NMB mediator(****ed at his meager government salary) cant believe we reject this offer, decided to put us "on Ice" for no less than 12-18 months, all the while we work under the current work suggestions and remain "at will" employees. 12 year captains could have had 216.42 plus profit sharing, work for 160 hr. (current rate capped out--no increases)
This is accurate! Been through this personally and have seen it happen to others many times.
Quote: Dear Nostrudumass,....
This almost made me blow my beer out my nose! Nice one!! 😂
There's a lot of NostroDumass conjecture going on here & we still haven't got the TA language! Company must be having a field day reading these threads!! The roadshows can't come soon enough!
226  276  316  322  323  324  325  326  327  328  329  330  336  376  426 
Page 326 of 637
Go to