A tale of two new hires. Let it be a warning.

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 18
Go to
No big long story just really simple facts I heard.

Yesterday, I completed my transition training to the 777. As it was my last day I had a sim test with a senior training captain. Part of the pre-sim discussion was CRM (Cockpit Resource Management) related, and he talked about the hundreds of new hires coming. He also told us a story that made me shake my head in disbelief. United has fired two new hires in the last 3 months because they . . . .

. . . . used their cell phones during a check ride in the sim AFTER being warned numerous times during training to put their phones away during class or sim time.

Anyways, just thought this was worth sharing.
Quote: No big long story just really simple facts I heard.

Yesterday, I completed my transition training to the 777. As it was my last day I had a sim test with a senior training captain. Part of the pre-sim discussion was CRM (Cockpit Resource Management) related, and he talked about the hundreds of new hires coming. He also told us a story that made me shake my head in disbelief. United has fired two new hires in the last 3 months because they . . . .

. . . . used their cell phones during a check ride in the sim AFTER being warned numerous times during training to put their phones away during class or sim time.

Anyways, just thought this was worth sharing.

Hold on I gotta finish this text.

Ok, what were you saying?
I've heard of a guy answering his phone while on final with a Fed in the jumpseat. Can't fix stupid.
And the purpose of this thread?
Quote: And the purpose of this thread?
Cautionary tale for people to not be total effin' idiots as they are reaching for the brass ring?
Quote: Cautionary tale for people to not be total effin' idiots as they are reaching for the brass ring?
Can an idiot avoid being so....?
Quote: I've heard of a guy answering his phone while on final with a Fed in the jumpseat. Can't fix stupid.
I'm sure that did not happen.
You mean the HPI DIDN'T screen for that stupid gene?
Quote: You mean the HPI DIDN'T screen for that stupid gene?
You beat me to it...
Quote: I've heard of a guy answering his phone while on final with a Fed in the jumpseat. Can't fix stupid.
Heard a story about an AA CP who was so p.o.ed about someone ahead of him taxiing in to DFW too slow that he whipped out his cell and called to find out who it was. Heard he got slammed for that by the Feds, too.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 18
Go to