Skywest gets 19 more 175s from delta

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 19
Go to
Quote: I think you're exactly right.
Then it would be GoJet or ExpressJet...
Quote: Doubtfull. JAC, SUN, LGB, ASE are a few reasons they won't replace the 700's...
The 175 is also a Category C/D aircraft. It can operate out of all of those airports. The weight restrictions would be worse, but it could be done.
Also they sent a memo out about the Delta 700's getting a new LAV and one more row of seats... Its not a mater of being Category C that gets it into those airports. Ins a combination of performance and weight.
Wonder if the 175 will get system wide flight bennies or they will go the Alaska route and just give it to those bases
Quote: Then it would be GoJet or ExpressJet...
Maybe Republic? DL is in the middle of suing them right now after all for not flying their schedule as contractually promised.
Quote: Maybe Republic? DL is in the middle of suing them right now after all for not flying their schedule as contractually promised.
thought they had 30 76 seat frames left under their scope? why would they need to take flying from anyone?
I thought they would be replacements too for -700 but then I thought about the niche markets the 700 can do that the 900/175 can't or is too big for. I don't fly the 175, but always thought it didn't have the performance the 700 does for ASE and SUN. It could always be for less 200's too or some combination. Or whats the probability of Gojet or Express getting certified for ASE?
Quote: thought they had 30 76 seat frames left under their scope? why would they need to take flying from anyone?
There's a trigger in the 50 seat reduction plan that says in order to add 71-76 seat aircraft, scope requires a reduction *insert number here* of 50 seat aircraft. So based on how many 71-76 seaters are on property dictates how many 50's Delta can fly.

I haven't had my coffee yet so someone else can dig in and figure out actual numbers (and if adding 19 even triggers a new reduction).

I don't know how accurate this site's info is, FYI.
Quote: Maybe Republic? DL is in the middle of suing them right now after all for not flying their schedule as contractually promised.
DING DING

History will repeat itself. Remember how Freedom was removed. There will be another shoe to drop shortly IMO.
Quote: thought they had 30 76 seat frames left under their scope? why would they need to take flying from anyone?
They did. GoJet got 7 CRJ-900 aircraft earlier this year. This is 19 more "large RJs" for a total of 26. There are 4 frames left. There is a ratio of Mainline Aircraft to Regional Aircraft that Delta has to honor as per their CBA with their pilots - its 1.25:1. This means Delta has to take delivery of 5 more mainline narrow-body aircraft to operate the last 4 RJs.

I do not think that these have anything to do with the RP law suit. I am more interested in where these birds are going to be based... CP just opened SEA on the 175.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  13 
Page 3 of 19
Go to