New Envoy Information

Subscribe
400  450  490  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  504  510  550  600 
Page 500 of 690
Go to
Quote: I take it you didn't give up the badge, what happened? .
...I did not! after they told me that I should not be wearing my badge if I am not on duty, I simply played stupid and said, "I didn't know that"(I really didn't). I continued to the gate and removed it then after I checked in for my boarding pass.

Quote: This is very strange. I don't understand what interest CBP has if you're not clearing customs.
I didn't either, been wearing the ID out of uniform for 10 years traveling off duty(US)

Quote: There are so many reasons to display an ID in an airport out of uniform.
maybe they just spotted me looking suspicious wandering around the terminal behind an empty gate on the computer in civilian clothes.

yes, you're right! My main reason for always leaving it on after security is to get some type of "preferential" treatment during boarding and also during the flight.

I've seen many crews wear the ID on planes and inside terminals, especially flight attendants. we "all" want that special treatment, at least I do. I do it for everyone on board my flight when I'm on duty.
I have an interview on the 10 th of next month and I have a couple of questions about life at Envoy.

I want to get DFW for sure, what is my best option 145 or 175?

Also how is QOL in general? how many consecutive days off? how many on the road? Reserves for a new hire?

I am new to the regionals so any help will be appreciated.
Any gouges out there other than AviationInverviews.com? I know I could shell out the $20 to view the gouge, but is it worth it? can't find a gouge anywhere else!

(also what's the average prep time before heading up to DFW? I got a call for an interview and i'm worried that 3 days isn't enough to study... but i've already been reviewing jepp charts and my Intrument oral guide from my time @ ATP )
And nobody wanted to listen to any actual envoy pilots a year ago when we said this would be the place to be very soon. Funny how things work out that way! Btw, I wonder where ag386 and eaglefly are haha
Quote: And nobody wanted to listen to any actual envoy pilots a year ago when we said this would be the place to be very soon. Funny how things work out that way! Btw, I wonder where ag386 and eaglefly are haha
Amazing how that works, isn't it?
Quote: Yawn. I'm not gonna fall into the "over speculation crowd". I'll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: We should. Because I've lost count how many "good news is coming tomorrow" posts and nothing happens. Most of it comes from you. So we will see, but I like your exaggeration technique.

Sooo.....You still yawning? Wake up from that nap yet? Anything to say now?

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I held out for days...telling myself I wouldn't gloat or rub anyone's nose in it. But for all the sh!t I have to take around here all the time, I'm allowed to just this once.
New Envoy Information
There were some who would tell you that, even if AA gave you an employee number and slot when you got hired at envoy, you shouldn't come here.

Based on the info we had at the time envoy was doable, but a difficult place to work. Management refused to give us any hope for the future, everything pointed towards departing airframes, lousy schedules and hostile management techniques.

Things have taken only a step or two towards the better. Better pay, a new base. We still need to work on QOL, schedules, contract abuse and the rest.
New Envoy Information
Quote: Sooo.....You still yawning? Wake up from that nap yet? Anything to say now?

Sorry...I couldn't resist. I held out for days...telling myself I wouldn't gloat or rub anyone's nose in it. But for all the sh!t I have to take around here all the time, I'm allowed to just this once.

Sorry, but I had to call your bluff. I've heard the "good news" rumor too many times at this airline and come empty handed. You don't like it? Go F yourself.

Quote: Any gouges out there other than AviationInverviews.com? I know I could shell out the $20 to view the gouge, but is it worth it? can't find a gouge anywhere else!

(also what's the average prep time before heading up to DFW? I got a call for an interview and i'm worried that 3 days isn't enough to study... but i've already been reviewing jepp charts and my Intrument oral guide from my time @ ATP )
From my experience, aviationinterviews.com was completely worth it. You will get many gouges for envoy and other airlines. In my day, I was able to find specific ATP questions as well as sim profiles to study. I have no affiliation with the website. My best advice is to triple check all paperwork as many are dismissed for incomplete paperwork. Be humble and honest. From what new hires tell me it is a very good experience and very professionally executed
Quote: From my experience, aviationinterviews.com was completely worth it. You will get many gouges for envoy and other airlines. In my day, I was able to find specific ATP questions as well as sim profiles to study. I have no affiliation with the website. My best advice is to triple check all paperwork as many are dismissed for incomplete paperwork. Be humble and honest. From what new hires tell me it is a very good experience and very professionally executed

I second this. Dot every i and cross every t. Have you logbooks neat and presentable. Prepare for the interview.

Spending $20 to gain a $20,000 check on your first day is a no brainier. This could be your last interview before becoming a pilot at American.

With hundreds of apps submitted since the announcement, recruiting can be more selective. I'm not saying the interview is hard, it's definitely not. Just prepare and show them you want the job.

400  450  490  496  497  498  499  500  501  502  503  504  510  550  600 
Page 500 of 690
Go to