Ric still projects 2.5/6

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to
December 15, 2015
RE: Looking Ahead to 2016
For 2016, the momentum here at Envoy continues to build!
American Airlines projects that it will need 300 plus pilots from Envoy next year, with a
requirement of 90 pilots within the first 90 days. This flow-through, coupled with our recent
announcements of additional flying for American that will keep our total fleet count stable for
2016, means 200 plus Captain upgrade opportunities and 350 plus pilot new hires. With very
reasonable assumptions, a new hire today is currently projected to upgrade to Captain in two
and a half years – and flow to American approximately six years from hire.
Next year we add 28 new Embraer 175 aircraft to our fleet. These aircraft represent the first of
American’s fleet commitment to Envoy for 40 E175s, with options for up to 90 more. Further
solidifying our future with a fleet of fuel efficient aircraft with auto-throttles, coupled VNAV and
advanced avionics capabilities for Next Gen Airspace requirements.
Best regards,
Captain Ric Wilson
Vice President – Flight Operations
Well, sounds like the past claim to me and just as vague. "200 plus" captain upgrades sounds a lot like anywhere between 205 and the unsubstantiated 250, which was the previous claim. For his once again claim of a 2.5 year upgrade, that still means Envoy will have to upgrade the rest of their F/O's (600-700 ?) in the 18 months between 2017 and mid 2018, so his math remains as fuzzy and murky as ever.

Since he states AA will take "300 plus" senior Envoy 824's and there will be outside attrition can Envoy really get 30-35 pilots in class there each and every month throughout 2016 so as not to contract ?

I'd be impressed if they could.

His last paragraph was the best and what a real sales pitch to pilots ! The only thing he forgot to trumpet about the E-175 is the gleaming paint jobs. Sounds like he's just adding a quart of oil to this engine every few months in the hope it runs like he wants it to.
Quote: December 15, 2015
RE: Looking Ahead to 2016
For 2016, the momentum here at Envoy continues to build!
American Airlines projects that it will need 300 plus pilots from Envoy next year, with a
requirement of 90 pilots within the first 90 days. This flow-through, coupled with our recent
announcements of additional flying for American that will keep our total fleet count stable for
2016, means 200 plus Captain upgrade opportunities and 350 plus pilot new hires. With very
reasonable assumptions, a new hire today is currently projected to upgrade to Captain in two
and a half years – and flow to American approximately six years from hire.
Next year we add 28 new Embraer 175 aircraft to our fleet. These aircraft represent the first of
American’s fleet commitment to Envoy for 40 E175s, with options for up to 90 more. Further
solidifying our future with a fleet of fuel efficient aircraft with auto-throttles, coupled VNAV and
advanced avionics capabilities for Next Gen Airspace requirements.
Best regards,
Captain Ric Wilson
Vice President – Flight Operations

LMAO. I was hired at ASA in 2007. they said "you'll upgrade in 2 years, as soon as you get 2500 total and 1000 SIC :P

....8 years later..... still an FO
Some apparently think the timing of this latest blast of nothing really new is the hope it will distract the pilots there from what are apparently exceptionally bad schedules. Understandable effort considering pilots are easily distracted by things like this.
So his last email was like six months ago selling the same time frame, therefore it stands to reason that one of our June new hires should be deep into being a line holder by now and not sitting 6am airport standby every day because that is all they can hold. Is this true? Has our reserve time dropped that much recently? I'm asking because I might be doing something wrong with my bidding since I can only old reserve after 2.5 years.
Quote: Some apparently think the timing of this latest blast of nothing really new is the hope it will distract the pilots there from what are apparently exceptionally bad schedules. Understandable effort considering pilots are easily distracted by things like this.
"some think"??

And who are your sources seeing as you don't work for Envoy?

Go ahead and tell everyone. You get whatever little nugget of information you have off of Eagle Lounge. The tragic aspect of that being that here at Envoy everyone knows and everyone agrees that Eagle Lounge is a joke of a website dominated by about 12 regular posters who account for 90%+ of all posts. And those 12 or so posters are by and large complainers, whiners, and can put a negative spin on anything. This isn't ground breaking information. The word "Eagle Lounge" is a punch line out on the line. People actually laugh about it.

Nobody at Envoy takes Eagle Lounge seriously and only a small percentage even lurk on that website let alone ever post. So it's frighteningly amusing you get all your "insider information" from that website. Of course you take what you can get when you don't work here , right eaglefly?
Fleet plan for 2016 shows that only 4 CRJs going to PSA next year, old news I guess.
He sent you guys a message from the future? That is pretty neat!
Quote: So his last email was like six months ago selling the same time frame, therefore it stands to reason that one of our June new hires should be deep into being a line holder by now and not sitting 6am airport standby every day because that is all they can hold. Is this true? Has our reserve time dropped that much recently? I'm asking because I might be doing something wrong with my bidding since I can only old reserve after 2.5 years.
How dare you say anything that deviates from the party line. Truth be dam*ed. You'll upgrade in 2.5 and flow in 6. Are we clear?
4 CRJs will be transferred to PSA at the most, but reality it's only going to be 2.

TSA and Xjet 145s will be coming back to Envoy property but they haven't determined what month yet. August more than likely.
1  2  3  4  5  11 
Page 1 of 12
Go to