Piedmont vs CommutAir

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to
Quote: So the more correct answer is no. No jet is yet flying a regular line. I've been reading they were coming, but were delayed as the infrastructure wasn't what it needed to be to support them. Good to hear you guys are putting it to use soon.

Any idea on the timeline whereby the 20 will all be on property? Is it like 2 per month or similar?
It was more of the FAA being.... well, the FAA. People put in a lot of hard work to make this happen. Flight 4855 on 11 Feb is the first planned revenue service. 1-2 airframes per month are planned for the first 20.
Quote: I'd go with commutair and try to get on with United. UA is growing by taking regional flying back in house while AA is trying to keep a large regional feed. Plus UA has a much stronger presence in the Asian market, which is soon to be one of the largest markets in the world. I think AA has something like only three destinations in Asia.
That makes no sense at all. You don't think AA is moving to keep flying in house? Piedmont/PSA/ENVOY is eventually all Parker wants and maybe one contract carrier. Basically 3 WO'ed doing all the flying.

As for AA presence in Asia you are about to see major expansion with more 777/787 and 22 new Airbus 350 coming next year.

Look at the retirements also at United versus American.

I'm not saying who to choose because they are both great. However with American's retirement and all the widebodies coming it ain't to shabby of a place to be.
I understand. Not saying it's Piedmont's fault, though someone at Envoy told me the jets were delayed because of the whole training issue. But no one ever gets jets at a rapid clip at first, lots of moving parts to put into play.

Good for you guys getting them up and flying. Now if only the company would pay you what you are actually worth.

Quote: It was more of the FAA being.... well, the FAA. People put in a lot of hard work to make this happen. Flight 4855 on 11 Feb is the first planned revenue service. 1-2 airframes per month are planned for the first 20.
Quote: That makes no sense at all. You don't think AA is moving to keep flying in house? Piedmont/PSA/ENVOY is eventually all Parker wants and maybe one contract carrier. Basically 3 WO'ed doing all the flying.

As for AA presence in Asia you are about to see major expansion with more 777/787 and 22 new Airbus 350 coming next year.

Look at the retirements also at United versus American.

I'm not saying who to choose because they are both great. However with American's retirement and all the widebodies coming it ain't to shabby of a place to be.
They haven't yet pulled any flying in house. In fact, in the last year, they did the exact opposite. Also, pulling flying back to the WO is not pulling flying in house. That would be growth in small narrow bodies to replace all the RJs, and they haven't done that either. Point stands.
Quote: They haven't yet pulled any flying in house. In fact, in the last year, they did the exact opposite. Also, pulling flying back to the WO is not pulling flying in house. That would be growth in small narrow bodies to replace all the RJs, and they haven't done that either. Point stands.
True, but keeping the flying at the WO's keeps the money in AA's pocket. It might take time but operating 3 WO's with about 100 planes a piece is what they want. Eventually get rid of a few contract carriers.

Now if all that flying eventually gets pulled into American that would be great for everyone. We shall see. We can all agree the less Regional flying and more mainline flying the better.
How many 145's does PDT plan on getting ?
Quote: How many 145's does PDT plan on getting ?
Minimum of 20
Quote: How many 145's does PDT plan on getting ?
20 to start, these are known. 40-60+ is the projection as the Dash fleet winds down.
Seems like you either want to fly the dash, or you want a flow to keep in your back pocket. Apply to both. Go with the one who gives you the best (if any) offer.
If you're going to be a commuter, keep in mind that all but one of Piedmont's crew bases are out stations. Commuting is stressful enough in and out of hubs. This is one of the bigger reasons that lead me to CommutAir.
1  2  3 
Page 2 of 3
Go to