GoJet new contract

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 21
Go to
Quote: ...it's bad right now. Lots of canceled flights due to staffing and pay issues.
Quote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=SNRK7D3zI20

"Remember, if you vote no it will cost you more while you wait to renegotiate than it will to just vote yes now."
When it gets voted down there will be a better offer right away,there always is. They have no choice.

Their film is rather funny: If you are injured on the job, no longer will you be immediately fired! That is a nice change but it shows you the type of people you are dealing with.

Long Term Disability of 60% pay sounds good until you find there is a 1000 limit. That makes it about 16% coverage.

They won't form an alter-ego airline to get around the contract. Gojet is the alter-ego airline. They can already choose where to sent their flying, they have 3 airlines. Oh, wait, the agreement is with Gojet not the decision maker Trans States Holdings.

DH pay is only 75%, they will up it to 100% when you vote no.

Streamlined Grievence Process: Does that mean that after you are fired you will have it arbitrated in only 2 years instead of 3? I guess you had better still take that unsafe plane to St Louis when you are told to.

Where is the signing bonus? We let them give the new hires thousands of dollars to sign-on, what about the rest?

Vote no and it will be quickly improved, it always is and it will be fast.
What else is in it?
Quote: What else is in it?
A bunch of non industry leading language.

DH
Quote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=SNRK7D3zI20

"Remember, if you vote no it will cost you more while you wait to renegotiate than it will to just vote yes now."
uhhh, so where are the negatives highlighted? Seems like they want you to vote yes, without looking at the entire thing. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain!
Been hearing "no" votes from several of my friends over there... Lots of caveats and poor language in the contract.
They won't form an alter-ego? HA!
Quote: Been hearing "no" votes from several of my friends over there... Lots of caveats and poor language in the contract.
Ran into a GoJet pilot in RDU today and he made it sound like its a really good contract?
Quote: I hate to interrupt the fun here, but is there any new info about an increased pay rate here? beyond this does anyone know how long it could take someone to hold ORD as a base?
I don't think Gojet will be staying in ORD for long. They have only CRJ-700s and United wants those planes out of ORD. Skywest is getting 175s so they will be growing in ORD so that is the place to go. I also think the # of 700s that Skywest flys for United will decrease too.
I watched the Gojet Youtube and then started looking at the contract. There seems to be wording that sounds good followed by language that limits any good.

For example, Long Term Disability of 60% of salary. Bad- 1000 a month limit which brings it down to between 15% and 33%.

Four hours minimum per day sounds good but then they say even if you only deadhead that day. I believe that means if they just leave you sitting for 30 hours on a layover you get nothing.

I am sure it is better than what they have but they don't know what they are not getting.
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  14 
Page 4 of 21
Go to