Vacancy awards

Subscribe
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 8 of 11
Go to
Quote: ... and I missed CA upgrade by 288 #s! Arrrrggghh...so close and yet so far
Hey, I'm within 850 now! Not bad after 16 years (he said sarcastically)!

Tq
Quote: Very good point Al. Huge misperceptions by many here. Don't visit C&R, this place is imploding is the take away.
I think the takeaway is all airlines stopped hiring for a very long time after 9/11. Most have now recovered and are experiencing impressive seniority progression (i.e., 2014 hire at DAL now holding CA).

At AA you still have 16-20 year FOs, and off the street hiring is effectively at a standstill for the rest of 2016. And this is all before the effects of SLI have been taken into account.
Mink,

Delta had nowhere near the furloughs we had. Plus, their work rules for senior WB FOs are so dang good that they make more than NB CAs. Hence, their quick upgrade time.

UAL, on the other hand, did have almost as many furloughs as we did. Take a look at their current upgrade - Jan '00, almost identical to ours. There's your answer.

Once we merge the SLI, the AA upgrade will drop to just over a year (E190.) Now factor in PBS, and you'll start seeing 3-5 year 737/A320 upgrades.

It's coming, and a lot quicker than you think.
Quote:
Now factor in PBS, and you'll start seeing 3-5 year 737/A320 upgrades.

How is that?
Six to eight year upgrades will occur due to retirements alone in a couple of years.
Add in more Group IV FO jobs and upgrade might drop even lower with or without PBS.
Quote: Once we merge the SLI, the AA upgrade will drop to just over a year (E190.) Now factor in PBS, and you'll start seeing 3-5 year 737/A320 upgrades.
Assuming we still have E190s...

I do like your enthusiasm though!
Quote: Six to eight year upgrades will occur due to retirements alone in a couple of years.
Add in more Group IV FO jobs and upgrade might drop even lower with or without PBS.
What DOH/domicile is junior group IV FO now?
Quote: Didn't the hiring stop for 13 years right after Aug 2001?
No, Delta hired about 1200 pilots between 2007 and 2010
Quote: No, Delta hired about 1200 pilots between 2007 and 2010
Ummmm. You realize this is the American thread, right?
Quote: What DOH/domicile is junior group IV FO now?
LGA. Nov. 2000.

About 2000 numbers away from the Oct. 2013 newhires(flow throughs).
4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11 
Page 8 of 11
Go to