Compass Updates - Saga Continues

Subscribe
84  484  534  574  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  587  588  594  634  684  1084 
Page 584 of 1327
Go to
Quote: And today as well. Two CPs in PHX Delta gates today watching the new transition.
They were in LAS yesterday. So maybe 2 new bases....
Quote: RE: Apu issue. Just had an oncoming capt get upset with me because I had just shut the apu down right before he showed up. Here's the thing: I had already waited 5 extra minutes at the plane after we had deplaned before I finally giving up to head to our overnight van. I did this as a courtesy to them because yes, it was hot. Of course it's at that point they showed up. I even walked to gate to check. No sign of them.

If you aren't there when I'm ready to leave the apu is getting shut down. I'll wait a minute or two even. It isnt my job to sit there and babysit the apu until you show up. Don't assume I just barely got off the plane and immediately shut it down.
Tell me you weren't waiting 5 extra minutes specifically babysit the APU till the outbound crew showed up. If you were you are working way to hard for something that really isn't that big of a deal. Next time just shut the damn thing down. If the next crew gets ****y, just smile and give them a "good bird, smooth rides, have a great one" as you walk right on up the jetbridge.

If having a running APU if so important for this captain that he feels getting worked up over it is important I sat the onus is on him to get to his inbound early.
Quote: Tell me you weren't waiting 5 extra minutes specifically babysit the APU till the outbound crew showed up. If you were you are working way to hard for something that really isn't that big of a deal. Next time just shut the damn thing down. If the next crew gets ****y, just smile and give them a "good bird, smooth rides, have a great one" as you walk right on up the jetbridge.

If having a running APU if so important for this captain that he feels getting worked up over it is important I sat the onus is on him to get to his inbound early.
OR, instead of waiting around 5 minutes with his/her finger up his/her nose they could have taken 30 whole seconds and walked up the jetway into terminal and see if there was some sort of a hold up with the paperwork or the agent or security etc. Honestly, this stuff isn't that hard.
Quote: OR, instead of waiting around 5 minutes with his/her finger up his/her nose they could have taken 30 whole seconds and walked up the jetway into terminal and see if there was some sort of a hold up with the paperwork or the agent or security etc. Honestly, this stuff isn't that hard.

I believe the guy stated that he did walk up to the gate and didn't see anyone up there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote: I believe the guy stated that he did walk up to the gate and didn't see anyone up there

indeed he did. This is a cliche Compass issue. It's stupid and trivial and people are running with it. Why?

If you aren't at the bottom of the jet Bridge ready to board when my FAs are walking up with their bags the switch goes off. Captains, you've got a minute to make it down... Or at least ONTO the jet Bridge. The rest is on you.

Really, though, I'm done talking about this, AO, or skywest.
Quote: indeed he did. This is a cliche Compass issue. It's stupid and trivial and people are running with it. Why?

If you aren't at the bottom of the jet Bridge ready to board when my FAs are walking up with their bags the switch goes off. Captains, you've got a minute to make it down... Or at least ONTO the jet Bridge. The rest is on you.

Really, though, I'm done talking about this, AO, or skywest.
Quote: RE: Apu issue. Just had an oncoming capt get upset with me because I had just shut the apu down right before he showed up. Here's the thing: I had already waited 5 extra minutes at the plane after we had deplaned before I finally giving up to head to our overnight van. I did this as a courtesy to them because yes, it was hot. Of course it's at that point they showed up. I even walked to gate to check. No sign of them.

If you aren't there when I'm ready to leave the apu is getting shut down. I'll wait a minute or two even. It isnt my job to sit there and babysit the apu until you show up. Don't assume I just barely got off the plane and immediately shut it down.
Being one of the "leave it running" guys i think what you did was more than reasonable

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Quote: Just saw JS in the PHX terminal the other day.
Wonder what he was up to
Im craving some new base rumors
Quote: Im craving some new base rumors
With the terminal 3 expansion at PHX it does makes sense... but I can think of about 3-4 other bases that make sense as well.
Quote: Just saw JS in the PHX terminal the other day.

Wonder what he was up to

He was flying this week so maybe his pattern had him operating out of PHX

84  484  534  574  580  581  582  583  584  585  586  587  588  594  634  684  1084 
Page 584 of 1327
Go to