The DiverDriver Thread

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 15
Go to
Quote: How low though? I would think they have a fairly decent hour minimum for flying twin otters.
How can it be "fairly decent" if it's under 500? Under 500 is pretty damn low.

Quote: Do you mind sharing where?
Yes, for several reasons. One is that I don't believe the DZ wishes those numbers known and associated with them. If they choose to advertise it, that's on them. Another is that while they have low time pilots, the skillset that comes with that level of experience is abundantly clear there, and it's a small miracle that they haven't had numerous incidents to date, owing to stupid pilot tricks. Bearing in mind that airplanes like a twotter are little more than light fixed gear twins, the amount of brakes and tires they go through is truly astounding.

There are numerous DZ's around the country, some full time, some part, some seasonal. There are various services that provide aircraft and crews to drop zones on a wet lease or dry lease basis, as well as supplying aircraft and pilots to the meets (boogies). Fayards, for example.
Just go to drop zone.com there are 3 postings right now with no minimums. Including my drop zone. PM me if you are interested. We fly a 210 and 206 for our tandems and also a 182 on weekends to pick up the slack and for students. We require a commercial and instrument with good stick and rudder skills and able to take criticism. We have high winds and our instructors require a lot from the pilot as far as good spotting and maintaining heading. We have had 3 part 141 guys come here and couldn't cut it so if you can fly we need one more pilot. Our last 2 pilots left for the airlines.
There are 3 DZs in Arizona that are all looking for pilots. One up near Sedona, one near Maricopa and the big one.
Quote: There are 3 DZs in Arizona that are all looking for pilots. One up near Sedona, one near Maricopa and the big one.
Is the one near sedona you mentioned Red Rock Sky Diving in P52?
Yes they need a 206 driver
Quote: Yes they need a 206 driver
I sent an email to them few days ago. Still waiting to hear back.
Currently at 515TT 46ME. No experience on being a skydive pilot yet, really motivated and excited to try. Hoping you can help a fellow pilot out. Thanks.
Skydive Arizona is looking for pilots. 4 twin otters, 7 skyvans and a super caravan
I made some jumps at skydive Arizona last month, I should've asked about openings while I was there. You know their mins? The usual 1000TT?
Quote: I made some jumps at skydive Arizona last month, I should've asked about openings while I was there. You know their mins? The usual 1000TT?
They hire at half that, and prefer low experience.
1  2  3  4  5  6  12 
Page 2 of 15
Go to