Why not poll all pilots?

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to
If there's $1.5M available to road-show a TA, why isn't there money to simply poll all Delta pilots during this highly fluid phase of renegotiations? I know 13,000 phone calls probably aren't practical. But a straightforward, confidential online survey the likes of SurveyMonkey would seem to be a great use of resources.

I don't know anyone who would prefer an unannounced random phone call over the opportunity to contemplate questions and answers in a private, quiet setting of their choosing.

What am I missing?
Quote: If there's $1.5M available to road-show a TA, why isn't there money to simply poll all Delta pilots during this highly fluid phase of renegotiations? I know 13,000 phone calls probably aren't practical. But a straightforward, confidential online survey the likes of SurveyMonkey would seem to be a great use of resources.

I don't know anyone who would prefer an unannounced random phone call over the opportunity to contemplate questions and answers in a private, quiet setting of their choosing.

What am I missing?
The last thing Malone, Martin and DeRosa want is polling of the entire pilot group.

Cost $300. Unity priceless.

Telephone polling of a few?

Cost hundreds of thousands.

Results easily manipulated by the people who pay the company doing the polling.
Quote: If there's $1.5M available to road-show a TA, why isn't there money to simply poll all Delta pilots during this highly fluid phase of renegotiations? I know 13,000 phone calls probably aren't practical. But a straightforward, confidential online survey the likes of SurveyMonkey would seem to be a great use of resources.

*What am I missing?*

*The relevancy of what the dal pilots want or don't want?*
Would be nice to have every last pilot's input. I fly with quite a few guys that haven't been polled once, I just got called for the third time. Crazy.
Feels like unnecessary censorship to me. And we all know how that ends up...
https://youtu.be/9YMgW51craQ
Why keep polling in the first place? All they have to do is go back to the original polling prior to that POS TA15... Save a lot of time and money.
Quote: Why keep polling in the first place? All they have to do is go back to the original polling prior to that POS TA15... Save a lot of time and money.
My hunch is the masses have shifted following peer agreements, and with recent-hire expansion in the voting pool. And with the magic of the innerweb, polling need not take much time or money.
The beauty of scientific polling is that you don't need to sample the entire group to get an excellent idea of what they're thinking. If you know the size and demographics of your group you only have to get a good cross section. For example, if you wanted to be 95% sure that a certain percentage (your poll would come up with that %) of pilots, accurate within + or - 4%, would be satisfied with a raise of 18% you'd sample 575 pilots out of 13,500.
There are online calculators for this.

It is more efficient than sampling 100% of a population.
Quote: The beauty of scientific polling is that you don't need to sample the entire group to get an excellent idea of what they're thinking. If you know the size and demographics of your group you only have to get a good cross section. For example, if you wanted to be 95% sure that a certain percentage (your poll would come up with that %) of pilots, accurate within + or - 4%, would be satisfied with a raise of 18% you'd sample 575 pilots out of 13,500.

Agree. But phone polling isn't more efficient than online polling (nor as convenient). Plus, I think there's an intangible benefit of everyone feeling like they've had an opportunity to be heard. I think you'd get more buy-in with the final result.
Quote: The beauty of scientific polling is that you don't need to sample the entire group to get an excellent idea of what they're thinking. If you know the size and demographics of your group you only have to get a good cross section. For example, if you wanted to be 95% sure that a certain percentage (your poll would come up with that %) of pilots, accurate within + or - 4%, would be satisfied with a raise of 18% you'd sample 575 pilots out of 13,500.

Would be more efficient than phoning 100%, but giving 100% an online opportunity for a fraction of the cost is a No Brainer. If sampling is a better option, why don't we just do that instead of MEMRAT?
1  2  3  4  5 
Page 1 of 9
Go to