Best regional for flow to United ?

Subscribe
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to
Hey Guys

RE: Recent/fresh info sought

My apologies if this is buried on another thread. Two questions. Assume the applicant lives in Houston and can't move due to family and a sick mom. Applicant also has an app in with "big" United but while they call (or don't call) wants to get into the 121 world. Currently Part 91 corporate pilot.

1. What regional is best for Houston base ?

2. What regional, Houston base or not, is best for flow to United/any major airline ?

Thank you !!!

applicant is ATP, college degree, 6000 TT, 4000 turbine PIC, yada yada

Thank You
Nobody has a flow to United, CommutAir and EXpressjet have interview agreements...
Quote: Nobody has a flow to United, CommutAir and EXpressjet have interview agreements...
ok, edited post to reflect "any major airline"
With 6000 TT and 4000 turbine PIC I would think you'll get a call from a major carrier long before your number comes up from any flow agreement at any regional...
Quote: ok, edited post to reflect "any major airline"
The only other major with flow is AA. No Houston base, though. However, Houston up to DFW is like a 25 minute flight.
Quote: The only other major with flow is AA. No Houston base, though. However, Houston up to DFW is like a 25 minute flight.
50 min flight usu.
No regionals have true "no interview / no degree" flows accept the American Airlines wholly owned regionals. Those being PSA, Piedmont, and Envoy.
Quote: With 6000 TT and 4000 turbine PIC I would think you'll get a call from a major carrier long before your number comes up from any flow agreement at any regional...
I would agree, especially if you visit a job fair once you have the 121 box checked. I am assuming you had roles within the corporate flight department such as safety officer, etc..

I wouldn't bank on a flow/ preferential interview unless you have some skeletons in your closet. If you do choose this route, CommutAir is possibly one of the better flows out there for you. It looks like IAH-EWR is 10 flights a day and your seniority would go up very fast with the small company doubling their fleet.
Quote: I would agree, especially if you visit a job fair once you have the 121 box checked. I am assuming you had roles within the corporate flight department such as safety officer, etc..

I wouldn't bank on a flow/ preferential interview unless you have some skeletons in your closet. If you do choose this route, CommutAir is possibly one of the better flows out there for you. It looks like IAH-EWR is 10 flights a day and your seniority would go up very fast with the small company doubling their fleet.
CommutAir doesn't have flow; just interviews.
Quote: I would agree, especially if you visit a job fair once you have the 121 box checked. I am assuming you had roles within the corporate flight department such as safety officer, etc..

You're suggesting he commutes on a 3 hour hub to hub flight? Ha. Oh, and it's not a flow.
1  2  3 
Page 1 of 3
Go to