Advice to American applicants...

Subscribe
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 34
Go to
Quote: Some data.....I was the junior man on long call in MIA/320/I. I had 17 days off total, 10 of which were consecutive. I ended around 60 hours. All trips I commuted in day of (except one, had to go to the crashpad one night), all trips commuted home on day of. One trip I proffered for gave me a layover where I live (extra night at home). Two trips were my choice, two were JM. For me long call commuting is working well.

What city do you commute to?
Quote: What city do you commute to?
Houston, IAH
Quote: Houston, IAH
Interesting.

I've always heard MIA was a tough commute.
Quote: Interesting.

I've always heard MIA was a tough commute.
They are currently 5 319 flights (previously was 3 319 and 2 73). I have only seen one other guy that does it (pilot Jumpseat). I'd say 80 to 90% of the time I am in the back. I often call and book the JS the day of. I think DFW to MIA is more difficult, I've heard IAH to DFW is difficult (and there are about twice as many flights).
I live an hour north of IAH, so I rarely fly to Dfw .. it's a 3 hour drive, no worries , or headaches. However , if /when I upgrade to left seat or 777, it will be MIA, and between AA and UA, there are 9-10 direct flts. I've never had an issue getting to mia for vacation!! The JS reservation system takes a lot of worry out of a commute, as I did it before and it sucked.
Joe
777 MIA is heavily weighted towards Deep South trips. Not the easiest flying on your body. A full month means you'll have 1/3 of the nights with only a 2+ hrs nap.

In October, before PBS, FB to Europe was 1000 numbers more junior in DFW vs. MIA.
Quote: ...The JS reservation system takes a lot of worry out of a commute, as I did it before and it sucked.
Joe
Thanks for the data point, glad to hear it. I've been wondering what LAA guys think about it (other than IT/logistics of booking which need to be improved)
Quote: APA is beyond messed up.

To call that union a "dumpster fire" is an insult to honest, hard-working dumpster fires everywhere.

Right on brother. Hey, do you remember their operation "lock and Load", operation "Fire at Will", 15 second strike that the POTUS squashed? AWESOME!!

Had some APA idiot waving his scope badge/ID under my nose and asking for the jumpseat the next day, saying that we were "scabs" for flying. I made him ride on the jumpseat so I could educate him.

Fun days.
Quote: Right on brother. Hey, do you remember their operation "lock and Load", operation "Fire at Will", 15 second strike that the POTUS squashed? AWESOME!!

Bootleg wrote:
Had some APA idiot waving his scope badge/ID under my nose and asking for the jumpseat the next day, saying that we were "scabs" for flying. I made him ride on the jumpseat so I could educate him.

Fun days.

Wow aren't you the Best! Looking at your APC profile. And what airline would that be?
So now you claim to be a G450 OWNER?

Quote: Thanks for the data point, glad to hear it. I've been wondering what LAA guys think about it (other than IT/logistics of booking which need to be improved)
It's gotta be by seniority, son! Double commute? Move to base, son! You'll be senior one day! NOW, get outta my jumpseat (with a pompous double/triple digit seniority number deep full of $h!t voice ...)

I heard SOME guys are still trying to get the 1950s jumpseat LAA wAAy back ...
7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  21 
Page 11 of 34
Go to