December - 2016 Vacancy Bid

Subscribe
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to
Quote: Decisions based on available choices, not plans. Why else have a mock bid or snapshot?
come on, i'm sure you know what I mean.

More along the lines of the "captain's house" type decisions.
I don't like those people who purposefully wait until *right* before a bid closes to put theirs in, either...I think it a BF move, but they're within their contractual rights to do so.

As always...bid what you want, want what you bid.
New Mock bid, junior Captain now a 8/2005 hire.
Final mock bid is out, junior CA is 7/05 hire.
I think it might go even more senior by the 3rd. Seems more senior guys are making the jump.
Quote: I think it might go even more senior by the 3rd. Seems more senior guys are making the jump.
Agree. Just talked to 2 more very senior FOs who're now going to put in their upgrade bids. I'm guessing the most junior captain will be an early Spring of '05 hire.. maybe even '04? We'll see..
One thing is for sure, training on all fleets will be full throttle..

..IPA B747 Fleet Training Representative (P.L.) has been advised by UPS that they intend to begin B747-8 Differences Training during BP 17-02. This training is three days in length and will be added to CQ training – regardless of whether CQ 6 or CQ 12 is completed. The Company is planning to publish further details shortly. Please bid accordingly. ..
12 years to upgrade sucks and there's no denying that. At least we upgrade to widebody capt pay. I'm not sure how long it takes at other places but 12 years sounds about right.
Quote: 12 years to upgrade sucks and there's no denying that. At least we upgrade to widebody capt pay. I'm not sure how long it takes at other places but 12 years sounds about right.
Yeah but that is going to come way down. But yes 747 UA FO pays more hourly than 747 UPS FO buttttt at min guarantee UA is $15,680 and UPS is $16,929. No other benefits included. I think it pays off to wear brown.
Quote: Yeah but that is going to come way down. But yes 747 UA FO pays more hourly than 747 UPS FO buttttt at min guarantee UA is $15,680 and UPS is $16,929. No other benefits included. I think it pays off to wear brown.
Doubtful one would get B 747 FO as a new hire at UA, definitely a possibility at UPS tho.
Quote: Doubtful one would get B 747 FO as a new hire at UA, definitely a possibility at UPS tho.
...paid like one regardless...
1  2  3  4  5  6  7 
Page 5 of 7
Go to