Amazon to build $1.4B air cargo hub @ CVG

Subscribe
6  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 16 of 17
Go to
Quote: It took the Fed's a few years before they stopped UPS. Time will tell.
UPS was a trucking company running an air network with multiple 121 contractors. Forget about 10 pilots, UPS had no idea what Operational Control was or wasn't. They stepped over the line (pretty far over) with how much control they exercised over those carriers. The feds put an end to it.

On the other hand, United Airlines (as an example) is an airline. They run an air network with multiple 121 contractors, and they know exactly what Operational Control is. They manage the schedules, and shuffle it during irregular ops, but clearly maintain 'arms length' control, allowing the individual carriers to exercise their own true operational control.

Is Amazon dumb enough to step over that line? Do they have enough aviation expertise to run the operation correctly? If not, does Amazon have any political clout to avoid federal punishment? And in the meantime, does Amazon learn quickly?

These are just some of the questions. And, yes, time will tell.
Quote: Yep, and then DPWN shut them down. Different situation (cabatoge) than Amazon (U.S. owned) exercising operational control over it's carriers. It took the Fed's a few years before they stopped UPS. Time will tell.
So you are saying Astar was shut down by DPWN because of cabotage? Really?

Do you even understand operational control and how it applies to an air carrier certificate?

And once again, the "Feds" (I assume you mean FAA) never "stopped" UPS from anything. I've asked you for a reliable, credible source to that assertion and you have yet to even show one, instead your source is an Internet forum.
Quote: So you are saying Astar was shut down by DPWN because of cabotage? Really?

Do you even understand operational control and how it applies to an air carrier certificate?

And once again, the "Feds" (I assume you mean FAA) never "stopped" UPS from anything. I've asked you for a reliable, credible source to that assertion and you have yet to even show one, instead your source is an Internet forum.
Hey Tommy,

Did you write something important? Oh, didn't thinks so! Go argue with the FAA and troll elsewhere. Maybe they will satisfy your endless quest for multiple "credible verifications".... I don't care if you believe my statements or not! So please save your responses.
Quote: Hey Tommy,

Did you write something important? Oh, didn't thinks so! Go argue with the FAA and troll elsewhere. Maybe they will satisfy your endless quest for multiple "credible verifications".... I don't care if you believe my statements or not! So please save your responses.
Myths are always more fun than the truth.

Take care.
Quote: Total rubbish.

If that were true, then legacy airlines would be farming out their under-76-seat flying to a collection of 121s to operate on their behalf.

And FDX and UPS would farm out their small airplane flying, too. They would even bring in large airplane supplemental lift during peak, operated by other 121 certificates.

But they can't do this, because the FAA won't let them.

The only reason DHL can get away with it is because they are foreign owned.

OBVIOUSLY
UPS does farm out their small aircraft flying and they do bring in 121 supplemental lift for peak. And believe it or not, the FAA lets them do it.
FedEx has at least five 747F and two 767F wet leased starting the 27th Nov through peak. They do it every peak. Sometimes starting as early as Oct.

Quote: UPS does farm out their small aircraft flying and they do bring in 121 supplemental lift for peak. And believe it or not, the FAA lets them do it.
Quote: UPS does farm out their small aircraft flying and they do bring in 121 supplemental lift for peak. And believe it or not, the FAA lets them do it.
I think you failed to pick up on the sarcasm
Quote: I think you failed to pick up on the sarcasm
Ah, gotcha. It wasn’t in sarcasm font so I did indeed miss that.
Amazon seems uniquely fit to enter the arena of international pilot abuse.

Amazon bosses try to raise morale by giving exhausted staff two 7p chocolates each after shocking working conditions were exposed - Mirror Online
Quote: Amazon seems uniquely fit to enter the arena of international pilot abuse.

Amazon bosses try to raise morale by giving exhausted staff two 7p chocolates each after shocking working conditions were exposed - Mirror Online
Aww man I’ve never been given chocalates! That would make all the difference.
6  12  13  14  15  16  17 
Page 16 of 17
Go to