The LCO ** sandwich

Subscribe
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to
Quote: So? You wanna apply?
I think He's too busy trolling to apply.
Quote: So? You wanna apply?
Nah... I'd hate for you to move up a number.
Quote: Nah... I'd hate for you to move up a number.

Can't get a job at UPS so you're gonna pose as one? Me thinks you're some Atlas guy that is trolling the UPS forum.

You seem to be quite interested in all-things Atlas, mate!
Quote: Can't get a job at UPS so you're gonna pose as one? Me thinks you're some Atlas guy that is trolling the UPS forum.

Filler....
Quote: Can't get a job at UPS so you're gonna pose as one? Me thinks you're some Atlas guy that is trolling the UPS forum.

He's trolling the Atlas forum too. He's not one of us.
Quote: Read the IPNN.
I did, but I guess I didn't pick up any surprise horror. I'll be more direct. What did you hear on ipnn that bothered you?
Quote: I did, but I guess I didn't pick up any surprise horror. I'll be more direct. What did you hear on ipnn that bothered you?
Probably this:

Q: Is the Company limited to assigning a single trip at a time, or may the Company assign more than one trip to cover multiple days in an LCO block?

A: The LCO assignment may involve one trip or more than one trip because the Company “may assign a crewmember a trip or airport standby on any LCO day within his current block of LCO days.” Some crewmembers are confused because assignments under the old CA/CP reserve rules were limited to a single trip. Assignments were limited to one trip under the old CA/CP rules because the Company was responding to single event, pop-up operational contingencies. Please remember, LCO IS NOT RESERVE, and that the purpose of LCO is to allow open time to be added to the crewmember’s line. In exchange for this allowance, the Association was able to negotiate many improvements (outlined above) that make LCO better, in many respects, to the old CA/CP rules.
Are they assigning these things weeks in advance or something? Someone mentioned the ability to trace out of them. I'd think you'd need a long horizon to be able to do that. I'd be unhappy with that as a vto holder. On a personal level, as a line holder it impacts my ability to pick up open time.

I do like the improvements they said we recieved on return including the prohibition of being assigned a sim.

If they call you with a 5 day block, 16 to 24 hours before and give you a 3 day and a 2 day, doesn't seem like the end of the world unless I'm missing something else.
Quote: Are they assigning these things weeks in advance or something? Someone mentioned the ability to trace out of them. I'd think you'd need a long horizon to be able to do that. I'd be unhappy with that as a vto holder. On a personal level, as a line holder it impacts my ability to pick up open time.

I do like the improvements they said we recieved on return including the prohibition of being assigned a sim.

If they call you with a 5 day block, 16 to 24 hours before and give you a 3 day and a 2 day, doesn't seem like the end of the world unless I'm missing something else.
And not having to check in when finished with an assignment, like you had to do with CA/CP. Now you just walk when finished and wait till your next LCO period.
Quote: If they call you with a 5 day block, 16 to 24 hours before and give you a 3 day and a 2 day, doesn't seem like the end of the world unless I'm missing something else.
Say there are 2-3 people with the same LCO days. The scheduler can assign one person trips and leave the others alone. There is no FIFO and can basically become a popularity contest with scheduling. That is the problem.
1  2  3  4 
Page 2 of 4
Go to