Go Back  Airline Pilot Central Forums > Airline Pilot Forums > Major > United > => United Contract 2022
Good Video Moving Forward Post Voting No >

Good Video Moving Forward Post Voting No

Search
Notices

Good Video Moving Forward Post Voting No

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 04:28 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2018

Originally Posted by Aquaticus View Post
The company isn't going to interpret anything off a unions bulletpoints. Just because they "believe" the company won't use the black and white language in the TA their feelings have no bearing on what the company can and will do once this passes. They are playing fast and loose with contract language that affects multiple different aspects of our job. Fundamentally shifting how we reassign pilots but they think it will be a rare occurance while American, delta, and southwest are all actively reassigning their way through every hiccup with the same language they agreed to.
Absolutely. Any union leader who uses the words “we think”, “we believe”, “we feel”, “we hope”, etc when it comes to what the company will or won’t do regarding contract language should be fired on the spot for utter incompetence bordering on malfeasance.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:35 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
I give it a thumbs down. There is no "slant" to the MEC videos. They present information with question and answers from pilots who want to learn more. There are no PRO reps on here giving their push to pass this. There are no CON reps on here giving their push not to pass this. The slant is that you don't like the TA and view it as a sales job. That's the lens this is being viewed as.

The constant blast mails from C12 reps and the C11 vice chair are getting old. We get it already. You voted against accepting the TA. You wrote CON statements. You are against the pilots voting FOR the TA. If the duty is to fair and equal treatment, why does the latest donut blast mail from the C11 vice chair not sprinkle in the link to the PRO statement? I heard that each side could put out a PRO or CON statement then put out one rebuttal statement. The only side going on and on about this is the CON side. If this TA is as bad as the CON side says, then it will fail on the merits just like if this TA is as good as the PRO side says it will pass on the merits. No need to sell it either way, right?

I'm indifferent to the outcome of this. I made my vote based on my personal wants and desires. I was glad to see some things and not thrilled about other things. But I'll be fine whichever way this goes and doubt I'll have much reaction. Life is way too short to have this much anger, hatred and personal animosity towards ALPA volunteers which most of us will never step up to be anyway.

I based my vote on what I thought was better for the pilot group going forward. Especially the junior pilots who have to live with this garbage for the rest of their career. The independent contractor mentality of this place nauseates me.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:36 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2020
Position: Killin' Natsees

Originally Posted by Aquaticus View Post
How can you be indifferent to a TA that you could work under for most of your career??
Because he doesn’t GAS about anything, or anyone, other than his personal short-term goals and himself. He clearly won’t be around to work under the consequences of this TA. He will only reap the insulting pay “raise” for the very brief duration of his fleeting career, disappearing over the horizon before his very eyes. He will never have to worry about 0600 short calls, FSBs, having his job at TK taken by the lowest bidder, or only being paid for his actual 2 hours of LCA time that took 15 hours of his life to complete.

You cannot reason with weak, apathetic people, who are so myopic they can only see six inches in front of their faces. To even ask the question is time wasted that could be spent engaging folks who have a career to live for, and care about their long-term futures.
Old 07-14-2022, 06:04 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 757/767 First Officer

Originally Posted by EWRflyr View Post
I give it a thumbs down. There is no "slant" to the MEC videos. They present information with question and answers from pilots who want to learn more. There are no PRO reps on here giving their push to pass this. There are no CON reps on here giving their push not to pass this. The slant is that you don't like the TA and view it as a sales job. That's the lens this is being viewed as.

The constant blast mails from C12 reps and the C11 vice chair are getting old. We get it already. You voted against accepting the TA. You wrote CON statements. You are against the pilots voting FOR the TA. If the duty is to fair and equal treatment, why does the latest donut blast mail from the C11 vice chair not sprinkle in the link to the PRO statement? I heard that each side could put out a PRO or CON statement then put out one rebuttal statement. The only side going on and on about this is the CON side. If this TA is as bad as the CON side says, then it will fail on the merits just like if this TA is as good as the PRO side says it will pass on the merits. No need to sell it either way, right?

I'm indifferent to the outcome of this. I made my vote based on my personal wants and desires. I was glad to see some things and not thrilled about other things. But I'll be fine whichever way this goes and doubt I'll have much reaction. Life is way too short to have this much anger, hatred and personal animosity towards ALPA volunteers which most of us will never step up to be anyway.
Yikes what a water-carrying troll you are with your responses.