Notices

The "rumors"....

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 09:03 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM
Default The "rumors"....

...OK, so the rumors deniers were right and the rumors weren't all that accurate. The TA is actually MUCH MUCH worse than the rumors suggested. I must have missed it, but did UA declare bankruptcy again?

Thanks, Todd!

Last edited by oldmako; 07-24-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-24-2022, 11:37 AM
Banned

Joined APC: Oct 2020

Wait til the Lord Our $avior ascends to the Presidential Throne before ye heap praises. Then he’ll really work on our behalf.
Old 07-24-2022, 02:55 PM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2022

Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
...OK, so the rumors deniers were right and the rumors weren't all that accurate. The TA is actually MUCH MUCH worse than the rumors suggested. I must have missed it, but did UA declare bankruptcy again?

Thanks, Todd!
Lol what airplane base are you at these days?
Old 07-24-2022, 08:49 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Thanks, Todd!
This is where the MEC failed…strategy of the negotiation was I’ll conceived. Most of the TA was negotiated during the 9 quarters where “we” were burning money after maxing out the credit card. Surprising the NC got anything that wasn’t 100% cost neutral. SK pushed for a deal 6 months too late…now he’s making money again…. The rumors were unrealistic Ito begin with but now that everyone is angry the chances of getting anything done before 2024 is slim unless every PI suddenly resigns and takes their captain bids.
Old 07-26-2022, 01:57 PM
Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 73 FO

Originally Posted by Exconewr View Post
what “airplane base” are you at?

what part of management do you work for? Base ops at EWR?
Old 07-26-2022, 03:09 PM
Gets Weekends Off

To quote him, "Lol". He's prob thrilled with the TA.

Last edited by oldmako; 07-26-2022 at 03:19 PM.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:25 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Originally Posted by Exconewr View Post
Who gives a fecal (besides you and other lickspittle Marvins) where I am no longer based? I still have a ton of friends at Mother U. Can I not be PO'd that the union I paid dues to for over 30 years has decided unilaterally to roll out a completely concessionary agreement while UA positions themselves to print money for perpetuity on the backs of the slobs who allow them to do so? You might think that pilots are migrant and temporary laborers, I do not. This TA sucks across the board. WHERE are the contractual gains? The few bucks they have apportioned are being paid for by the pilot's losses in other areas. It's beyond pathetic and UA pilots are now the laughing stock among the US airlines. I think that SUCKS.

PS. My wife just dislocated her shoulder and had to go to the ER. So far the bills WITH UA CADILLAC INSURANCE are close to 2K. This type of BS never would have happened 20 years ago.

Maybe I'll stop posting. Enjoy your new contract.
Old 07-26-2022, 06:01 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2022
Position: 787 FO

Please ignore the Toddlers and keep posting.

Notice they are masters of distraction and changing the subject. For some reason they don't want to address this TA or the MCs/MEC/NC that produced it.
Old 07-26-2022, 08:08 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 777

Who gives a fecal (besides you and other lickspittle Marvins) where I am no longer based? I still have a ton of friends at Mother U. Can I not be PO'd that the union I paid dues to for over 30 years has decided unilaterally to roll out a completely concessionary agreement while UA positions themselves to print money for perpetuity on the backs of the slobs who allow them to do so? You might think that pilots are migrant and temporary laborers, I do not. This TA sucks across the board. WHERE are the contractual gains? The few bucks they have apportioned are being paid for by the pilot's losses in other areas. It's beyond pathetic and UA pilots are now the laughing stock among the US airlines. I think that SUCKS.

PS. My wife just dislocated her shoulder and had to go to the ER. So far the bills WITH UA CADILLAC INSURANCE are close to 2K. This type of BS never would have happened 20 years ago.

Mako--

I have always enjoyed your perspective. Enjoy your retirement, and thanks for your continued interest. Many new people here don't know the history!
Old 07-27-2022, 09:10 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2022

Mako,

Regarding your healthcare frustrations, I’m sorry that your significant other experience that. I truly hope she heals well.

However, this is a bit of a red herring, and not really indicative of our industry as a whole. Every single industry, save blue Chip tech and possibly some public sector jobs, has experienced a significant degradation of healthcare benefit and costs over the last 30 years. Blaming “mother U” for this indicates that you either don’t understand the healthcare industry, or are trying to make United a scapegoat for your current situation.