Search
Notices

United TA

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 08:31 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default United TA

I tried to get current on what's going on at United regarding a TA and I think they voted it down....I went to the United forum to scan that and there was so many posts regarding it, I just didn't have the time to sift thru....Is there anyone on here that can summarize what's been going on over there?
Old 09-15-2022, 05:27 AM
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2021

Originally Posted by Laughing_Jakal View Post
I tried to get current on what's going on at United regarding a TA and I think they voted it down....I went to the United forum to scan that and there was so many posts regarding it, I just didn't have the time to sift thru....Is there anyone on here that can summarize what's been going on over there?
1. TA announced
2. TA receives overwhelmingly negative reception from pilot group. (Pay rates below inflation, scope gives, non-seniority list instructors, reserve rules got worse somehow, plus more.... but free tumi suitcase so we got that going for us, which is nice)
3. AA announces mirror deal plus a couple percent.
4. UAL ALPA pulls the vote to "review" the AA deal.
5. UAL ALPA reinstates the vote
6. UAL ALPA receives a letter from management stating they could re-negotiate as the TA would likely fail
7. UAL ALPA suspends the vote for 3 months while the company and union hammer out a new deal "within the same economic scope" as the previous agreement.
8. Recall wave begins of those in favor for sending the TA to a vote
9. Now ????
Old 09-15-2022, 06:12 AM
Porco Rosso

Joined APC: Apr 2018

Originally Posted by unstabilized View Post
1. TA announced
2. TA receives overwhelmingly negative reception from pilot group. (Pay rates below inflation, scope gives, non-seniority list instructors, reserve rules got worse somehow, plus more.... but free tumi suitcase so we got that going for us, which is nice)
4. UAL ALPA pulls the vote to "review" the AA deal.
5. UAL ALPA reinstates the vote
6. UAL ALPA receives a letter from management stating they could re-negotiate as the TA would likely fail
7. UAL ALPA suspends the vote for 3 months while the company and union hammer out a new deal "within the same economic scope" as the previous agreement.
8. Recall wave begins of those in favor for sending the TA to a vote
9. Now ????
Don't forget...
1a. MEC: "We've got this."
2a. MEC: "Quiet, everyone. We've got this."
5a. MEC: "We've got this."
7a. MEC: "Quiet, everyone. We've got this."
8a. MEC: "SHUT UP EVERYONE"
Old 09-18-2022, 10:30 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2019
Position: Currently freeloading

Maybe a more factual response would be helpful for those of us on the outside. Has voting finished? If not, when does it? How many LECs do you have, and of those, which have had their rep recall votes already? Which are scheduled? Which are somewhere else in the process?
Old 09-18-2022, 04:24 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by PilotWombat View Post
Maybe a more factual response would be helpful for those of us on the outside. Has voting finished? If not, when does it? How many LECs do you have, and of those, which have had their rep recall votes already? Which are scheduled? Which are somewhere else in the process?
Voting was postponed for 3 months from vote close due to an overwhelmingly negative response. I think you are looking at mid October for a vote closure. If this turd is allowed to die we will have another 400 no votes of freshly off probation to add to the pile. We unfortunately have "career politicians" in roles requiring duty ,service, and humility. We are in the process of getting fresh blood into the union. So far only one base has had the opportunity to recall but it was 70+or-% in favor. I don't see any new agreement passing without eye watering enhancements. IMO we shat the bed and are now going to be following the herd or the other big airlines. If anything we told management what is the floor of what won't work. A very low bar to set.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:12 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2009

Originally Posted by ninerdriver;[url=tel:3495235
3495235[/url]]Don't forget...
1a. MEC: "We've got this."
2a. MEC: "Quiet, everyone. We've got this."
5a. MEC: "We've got this."
7a. MEC: "Quiet, everyone. We've got this."
8a. MEC: "SHUT UP EVERYONE"

This forum needs a like button.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:15 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2015

This is close:
1. TA announced
4. UAL ALPA pulls the stops roadshows about vote to "review at a special meeting" the AA deal.
5. UAL ALPA reinstates the vote Decides to not close down vote
6. UAL ALPA receives a letter from management stating they could re-negotiate as the TA would likely fail, after prodding from MEC Chair to CEO
7. UAL ALPA suspends the vote closing date for 3 months while the company and union hammer out a new deal "within the same economic scope the guy writing that letter has no authority on pay anyway it was permission to delay vote" as the previous agreement.
8. Recall wave begins of those in favor Two voting reps recalled, one voted yes for sending the TA to a vote
9. Now ???? (agree ready, fire, aim)

Main takeaway is NOVEMBER 1 the vote closes. UAL has to meet that date.
Old 09-19-2022, 11:58 AM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2015
Position: 777 CA

Originally Posted by ReadyRsv View Post
This is close:
1. TA announced
4. UAL ALPA pulls the stops roadshows about vote to "review at a special meeting" the AA deal.
5. UAL ALPA reinstates the vote Decides to not close down vote
6. UAL ALPA receives a letter from management stating they could re-negotiate as the TA would likely fail, after prodding from MEC Chair to CEO
7. UAL ALPA suspends the vote closing date for 3 months while the company and union hammer out a new deal "within the same economic scope the guy writing that letter has no authority on pay anyway it was permission to delay vote" as the previous agreement.
8. Recall wave begins of those in favor Two voting reps recalled, one voted yes for sending the TA to a vote
9. Now ???? (agree ready, fire, aim)

Main takeaway is NOVEMBER 1 the vote closes. UAL has to meet that date.
6 - This I’ve never heard before. Hamilton prodded? That’s pretty funny and against what other councils have said. Do you have any written proof of this? That is NOT what was stated in the 14 July MEC update. It specifically says the vote was extended at the Company’s request.

As far a 8 goes. It’s a well known fact the Glen voted yes as a political ploy. Every other vote he voted against council wishes. He voted against recalling the NC, Voted to extend the vote for TA which the pilots didn’t want as that took away pressure of a huge no vote, and voted Yes to Insler for National President. He voted for Phil O to head the NC even though there were 8 volunteers and none were even interviewed. So he voted in lockstep with the Toddlers in every over vote. That is why he was voted out of office. Also he was extremely deceitful with an old letter of support that he republished as if it was current during his recall voting.

We have 2 more LECs with recall resolutions coming in the next 3 weeks as well. SFO and DEN.

Last edited by UALinIAH; 09-19-2022 at 12:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2022, 12:11 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2017

Only person that should be recalled is on UAL011

just saying
Old 09-19-2022, 12:16 PM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2018

I agree AW is the worst.

Why are captains FO reps? Makes no sense.