Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
ReadOnly7's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 355
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post


Think cinema. Lighting. And Hamster Style.
stunt kock!
ReadOnly7 is offline  
Old 03-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #12  
Line Holder
 
Bat Guano's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2020
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Your all F’ing losers. Forget I asked. Like I said. Constructive.
We're all "F'ing losers"?

Dude, you're (or your if you prefer) an aviator. Maybe you should grow a set and some thicker skin while you're at it. Almost ALL of us are looking down the barrel of a gun right now. You're (your) not alone. Levity is wonderful at stress reduction, especially when offered up among those with shared sacrifice. Look how many guys responded with it? If you're (your) looking for guidance from a bunch of guys who only know how to fly airplanes and where the best happy hours are you may want to widen your aperture a bit. Bullschitt and beers are what we do best. Don't be that guy that none of us wants to fly a 4 day with.

If you're YOUNG, this will likely just be a mild speedbump. Hell, you may even wind up with an ancillary career and or side business.

Welders make good money and are in demand, always.

Good luck to you and to all of us.
Bat Guano is offline  
Old 03-14-2020, 12:21 PM   #13  
Layover Master
 
PotatoChip's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,530
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Your all F’ing losers. Forget I asked. Like I said. Constructive.
I was gonna help.
Now I shall not.
PotatoChip is online now  
Old 03-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #14  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jumppilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Posts: 196
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
If you're (your) looking for guidance from a bunch of guys who only know how to fly airplanes and where the best happy hours are you may want to widen your aperture a bit.
That made me laugh. Thank you.
jumppilot is offline  
Old 03-14-2020, 01:07 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Firefly899's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2015
Posts: 113
Default

Guys, I apologize. I lost my s$?t earlier. Its been a rough 24 hours personally. I apologize, seriously. My grammar demonstrated I probably should have just pressed the “OFF” button on my phone. I feel for everyone and want no more for this to end for everyone with the least amount of pain.

Once again, my apologies.
Firefly899 is offline  
Old 03-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #16  
Gets Weekends Off
 
tommy2times's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2018
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Guys, I apologize. I lost my s$?t earlier. Its been a rough 24 hours personally. I apologize, seriously. My grammar demonstrated I probably should have just pressed the “OFF” button on my phone. I feel for everyone and want no more for this to end for everyone with the least amount of pain.

Once again, my apologies.
I personally am opening a CBD dispensary/pipe shop. Big demand currently.
tommy2times is offline  
Old 03-14-2020, 01:26 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Itsajob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy2times View Post
I personally am opening a CBD dispensary/pipe shop. Big demand currently.
Take a 30 day SRL and you’re gold. Plenty of time for some market research.
Itsajob is offline  
Old 03-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #18  
Line Holder
 
paulcg77's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2013
Position: A shack in Kailua
Posts: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly899 View Post
Guys, I apologize. I lost my s$?t earlier. Its been a rough 24 hours personally. I apologize, seriously. My grammar demonstrated I probably should have just pressed the “OFF” button on my phone. I feel for everyone and want no more for this to end for everyone with the least amount of pain.

Once again, my apologies.
If you're willing to work in healthcare and you and your family get the virus and then get immunity, as unattractive as it might sound, take a 4-5 week medical assistant/certified nursing assistant course.

I can promise you that virtually everyone with any useful healthcare training/credential will have jobs no matter what happens because hospitals, FEMA, etc., are going to need people with even basic skills to be able to take metrics (pulse, BP, temperature, UA, etc). Nursing takes too long to get trained and unless you're already an electrician, skilled trades like that also take years including an apprenticeship before you're even at the journeyman level.

Nursing aids get a month or two of training and in the coming weeks they will be more in demand than a lot of other healthcare trades like dentists and optometrists because of the strain in nurses right now. You want a skill that is easily transferable, fast to learn and just about universal in the USA, do this. You won't be making six figures but it will be a steady job guaranteed.
paulcg77 is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fadec's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2015
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcg77 View Post
If you're willing to work in healthcare and you and your family get the virus and then get immunity, as unattractive as it might sound, take a 4-5 week medical assistant/certified nursing assistant course.

I can promise you that virtually everyone with any useful healthcare training/credential will have jobs no matter what happens because hospitals, FEMA, etc., are going to need people with even basic skills to be able to take metrics (pulse, BP, temperature, UA, etc). Nursing takes too long to get trained and unless you're already an electrician, skilled trades like that also take years including an apprenticeship before you're even at the journeyman level.

Nursing aids get a month or two of training and in the coming weeks they will be more in demand than a lot of other healthcare trades like dentists and optometrists because of the strain in nurses right now. You want a skill that is easily transferable, fast to learn and just about universal in the USA, do this. You won't be making six figures but it will be a steady job guaranteed.
Looks like there are plenty of CNA job offers in my area for $10.50 to $12 per hour, just like other unskilled work.
fadec is offline  
Old 03-15-2020, 07:05 PM   #20  
Line Holder
 
BangDingOw's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2019
Posts: 63
Default

The global economy is over my friend. I would be happy working at a grocery store in 3 months.
BangDingOw is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emirates Cuts Flights Due to Trump Policies ugleeual Major 57 05-09-2017 04:17 AM
The cost of work 2StgTurbine Regional 37 12-22-2012 05:42 PM
BA Wants You to Work For Free deltabound Foreign 18 03-28-2010 02:49 PM
balance of power bla bla bla Union Talk 1 10-27-2007 11:04 AM
AGA 60 and Retirement Busboy Cargo 110 09-18-2007 05:41 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:51 AM.