Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #31  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Snarge's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsled View Post
Pot? meet Kettle. It is funny that you would accuse sUAL MEC of "circumnavigating" an "agreed upon process" and mention the retro pay issue in the same paragraph. (I thought it was a signing bonus, btw) The retro pay issue was agreed to by the JNC, but the sCAL MEC wanted more. In fact they wanted HALF, even though sCAL has less pilots! I suppose by your above whining about how s-UAL got the "lion's share", you too would have been happy with half instead of the arbitration award which divided it proportionally. Your hypocrisy is epic.

Sled
Plus the CAL pilots got the profit sharing, whereas the UAL pilots did not??

Also, the retro was increased after the UAL pilots did the WH picket.... IIRC, only one CAL pilot showed up for that event....
Snarge is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #32  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
Considering how your J dicked up the JCBA process, and how he has tried to manipulate the SLI process, I'd say what goes around, comes around.

Have a swell day!
I say G-- DA-- James!!....spot on as usual. Where is the like button?

Sled


Last edited by jsled; 02-11-2013 at 11:11 AM.
jsled is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #33  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Lerxst's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: A320 CA - SFO
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarge View Post
Plus the CAL pilots got the profit sharing, whereas the UAL pilots did not??

Also, the retro was increased after the UAL pilots did the WH picket.... IIRC, only one CAL pilot showed up for that event....
The Company initial retro was, surprise, 0 as they wanted a clean slate agreement. Negotiations got it to 200M where it languished for quite some time. BOTH Jay's had to approach the UCH Board to get them to force el Jefe into ponying another 100M. We are self-funding the final 100M by delaying the M5D credit until 1 year after OMD.
Lerxst is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:38 AM   #34  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
The Company initial retro was, surprise, 0 as they wanted a clean slate agreement. Negotiations got it to 200M where it languished for quite some time. BOTH Jay's had to approach the UCH Board to get them to force el Jefe into ponying another 100M. We are self-funding the final 100M by delaying the M5D credit until 1 year after OMD.
We (s-UAL) are getting M5D next month, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Sled

With the March Bid Period there are 29 new provisions scheduled for implementation per LOA 26. Most of these items are status quo at L-UAL but new to L-CAL. However, there are eight changes we would like to highlight for L-UAL pilots, some of which may impact how you wish to bid for March. L-UAL March Implementation Items:

1) 3-E: Training Pay increases. Training of less than five days and recurrent training (PC/PT) pay and credit 3.75 hours/ work day. Training of five days or more (i.e. transition) pay and credit 3.0 hours/calendar day

2) 3-F: Vacation Pay increases. 3.25 hours per day; credit will not apply until Aug 2013.

3) 4-A-2: Crew meals and Hotel Guidelines

4) 5-E-2-a: All pilots must verify they will fly each ID 36-15 hours prior to departure.

5) 5-G-2: M5D-Trips will pay average of 5 hours/day. This is pay only; credit will not be reflected in PBS until CMS.

6) 5-J: Changes to Crew Rest Facilities.

7) 11-F-1: Vacation slides starting with May vacation.

8) 20-D-3: New PBS Dispute resolution process
jsled is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #35  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Lerxst's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: A320 CA - SFO
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsled View Post
We (s-UAL) are getting M5D next month, so I am not sure what you are talking about.

Sled
We are all getting it for pay as a post process next month, but M5D for schedule preferencing doesn't begin until later this year.

I was thinking about something else and misspoke about the self-funding of the final 100M being tied to M5D, it is actually tied to the 3.5-1 rig that doesn't go into effect until OMD + 1 year.
Lerxst is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #36  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
We are all getting it for pay as a post process next month, but M5D for schedule preferencing doesn't begin until later this year.

I was thinking about something else and misspoke about the self-funding of the final 100M being tied to M5D, it is actually tied to the 3.5-1 rig that doesn't go into effect until OMD + 1 year.
OH. OK. I agree that the 3.5-1 rig delay was a give to get the higher retro. Self funded is a stretch as M5D will take care of most egregious schedules.

Sled
jsled is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #37  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Lerxst's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: A320 CA - SFO
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsled View Post
OH. OK. I agree that the 3.5-1 rig delay was a give to get the higher retro. Self funded is a stretch as M5D will take care of most egregious schedules.

Sled
Well, 100M is the price the JNC and UCH agreed would be quid for delaying the 3.5-1 quo.... I agree that the over/under on that valuation might be suspect. I just still have a fundamental problem with the fact that we had to delay/trade anything of value to achieve the full retro/bonus. But it is what it is. Cant wait for the 2.4% profit sharing to hit in a couple days.. Valentines dinner at Outback instead of Sizzler this year!
Lerxst is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #38  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: IAH 737 CA
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsled View Post
Pot? meet Kettle. It is funny that you would accuse sUAL MEC of "circumnavigating" an "agreed upon process" and mention the retro pay issue in the same paragraph. (I thought it was a signing bonus, btw) The retro pay issue was agreed to by the JNC, but the sCAL MEC wanted more. In fact they wanted HALF, even though sCAL has less pilots! I suppose by your above whining about how s-UAL got the "lion's share", you too would have been happy with half instead of the arbitration award which divided it proportionally. Your hypocrisy is epic.

Sled
Funny? Funny? Starting down the hill towards lawsuit oblivion is funny? You say you had more pilots; we say we had been in negotiations longer. Your side won. Damn right we wanted more. Hypocrisy is having your MEC, your NC, and your MEC shove their heads so far up their arse they'll never see daylight during negotiations and then pulling out the grievance card after the fact to solve all of what ails ya. Not funny at all. Pathetic and nutless, but not funny.
EWR73FO is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #39  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Position: IAH 737 CA
Posts: 690
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
Considering how your J dicked up the JCBA process, and how he has tried to manipulate the SLI process, I'd say what goes around, comes around.

Have a swell day!

You too. See you in court.
EWR73FO is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #40  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 2,750
Default

EWR73FO said
Quote:
You say you had more pilots; we say we had been in negotiations longer.
Retro pay is based on money and time. Your side was owed less money (smaller raises) for more time. Our side was owed more money for less time. The JNC's formula awarded money to individual pilots based on money/time much the same as what ended up being the sUAL retro formula. The sCAL Mec objected. They wanted half the money for their pilots, so it went to arbitration.

Sled
jsled is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United Drops Air Wisconsin Gordon C Air Wisconsin 3 02-28-2017 08:43 AM
Uh oh!! Virgin America Two-percent Major 73 12-19-2012 05:35 PM
For United, Big Problems at Biggest Airline Golden Bear United 16 11-30-2012 05:33 PM
50 amazing facts about the economy Freight Dog Money Talk 20 11-08-2011 01:06 PM
United vows to fire strikers Sir James Major 0 05-08-2005 02:23 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:31 PM.