Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #21  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Lerxst's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: A320 CA - SFO
Posts: 720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus Drive View Post
WOW!!!!
People are reading too much into the red clip.
How about the "Ex-CON" stuff? How about the guys who are wearing the CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ties still?
Works both ways.
I wear my red clip, I have the old yellow Flight manual bag tag(because I wasn't given the new blue one), and an old United (tulip) bag tag because I wasn't given a new one...
And if I wasn't such a fashionista, I'd wear my blue overcoat, because s-CAL didn't pay for a black one (I am going to write off the one I bought on my taxes)...
Now for the pilots wearing old United wings with the CAL uniform.... that's a little over the top (IMO). I would wear my old United wing tie clip if it wasn't such a pain to remove/ put back on everytime I did my tie...

Good post. Just please keep in mind that the only pilots that have had their uniform paid for by the company are the sUA guys, every CAL pilot has had to pay for every piece (including the overcoat) since I've been here. Ridiculous to be sure, but it is what it is.
Lerxst is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 08:58 AM   #22  
Keep Calm Chive ON
 
SoCalGuy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Boeing's Plastic Jet Button Pusher - 787
Posts: 2,086
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus Drive View Post
How about the guys who are wearing the CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ties still?
If you talking about the L-CAL "shiny ties", with subtle/now current UAL-Livery Globe embroidered on it......then yes.....those were former "Continental Airlines" ties. Until such time there's a Freddy-Gram dictating that we all are to wear the same/company paid for "suit", I guess we stick to what we have.

As far as the ID Tags go, at the end of the day, to each their own. Having recently spent time in IAH going through a "long course", there were plenty of "Red-Tags" abound. However, the one I couldn't help but noticing (felt bad for) was the guy who used a "red sharpie" to color his ID Clip. I honestly wondered when "Brother Bluto" would come rolling around the corner, next to the second floor coffee machine, and start issuing some kinda Delta-Chi handshake & Red ID Clip to this poor guy.
SoCalGuy is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Snarge's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2009
Posts: 964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Bus Drive View Post
WOW!!!!
People are reading too much into the red clip.
As I mentioned... the red clip and the negative perceived attitudes at the school house are connected... but I don't think it is that big of a deal...

Quote:
How about the "Ex-CON" stuff? How about the guys who are wearing the CONTINENTAL AIRLINES ties still?
Works both ways.
Wow... so how do YOU define yourself? By them?

Quote:
I wear my red clip, I have the old yellow Flight manual bag tag(because I wasn't given the new blue one), and an old United (tulip) bag tag because I wasn't given a new one...
And if I wasn't such a fashionista, I'd wear my blue overcoat, because s-CAL didn't pay for a black one (I am going to write off the one I bought on my taxes)...
So why actively choose the red clip if there are plenty of other passive indicators ?

Quote:
Now for the pilots wearing old United wings with the CAL uniform.... that's a little over the top (IMO). I would wear my old United wing tie clip if it wasn't such a pain to remove/ put back on everytime I did my tie...
Some pilots were only given one pair of CAL wings with that creatively lacking square globe logo.... and the embroidered wings are too "MIL/Flying Club" stupid to even consider... would you feel better if they just wore no wings on the shirt? IMO....
Snarge is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
SUX4U's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2009
Position: B756 FO
Posts: 1,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalGuy View Post
However, the one I couldn't help but noticing (felt bad for) was the guy who used a "red sharpie" to color his ID Clip. I honestly wondered when "Brother Bluto" would come rolling around the corner, next to the second floor coffee machine, and start issuing some kinda Delta-Chi handshake & Red ID Clip to this poor guy.
Wow, that is borderline pathetic that someone felt the need to use a sharpie to color the ID clip. Poor guy...
SUX4U is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:30 AM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Short Bus Drive's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.
Posts: 1,866
Default

can't delete post...
Short Bus Drive is online now  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Coto Pilot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 644
Default

I think we should take it a step forward have the scabs wear a different color.
Coto Pilot is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Short Bus Drive's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.
Posts: 1,866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarge View Post
As I mentioned... the red clip and the negative perceived attitudes at the school house are connected... but I don't think it is that big of a deal...

Wow... so how do YOU define yourself? By them?
? Just saying each side has their way of "identifying" who they "used to" work for.

So why actively choose the red clip if there are plenty of other passive indicators ?
'Cause it was free and I wasn't given anything else to clip my ID with while I was down there.

Some pilots were only given one pair of CAL wings with that creatively lacking square globe logo.... and the embroidered wings are too "MIL/Flying Club" stupid to even consider... would you feel better if they just wore no wings on the shirt? IMO....
I was only given one set of wings. They are on my jacket. We weren't given the option of ordering the shirts with the embroidered wings. So no wings on the shirt for me. Don't like them there anyway 'cause they get caught on the shoulder strap...
Short Bus Drive is online now  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR73FO View Post
Welcome to the new USAIR. This greviance is just the tip of the iceberg that the UAL MEC has planned. The contract is finished, the sUAL pilots got the lions share of retro pay, and are now focused on grieving any and all parts of the contract that they did not get to manipulate through the normal negoiating processes. sUAL has now proven that they have no intention of proceeding with an amicable integration or representing any pilots other than sUAL pilots. This attempt to circumnavigate the agreed upon bid process is nothing more than the sUAL MEC holding the sCAL pilots at gunpoint to get what they desired but refused to do so in order to start their self-righteous pity-party as a means to an end.
Pot? meet Kettle. It is funny that you would accuse sUAL MEC of "circumnavigating" an "agreed upon process" and mention the retro pay issue in the same paragraph. (I thought it was a signing bonus, btw) The retro pay issue was agreed to by the JNC, but the sCAL MEC wanted more. In fact they wanted HALF, even though sCAL has less pilots! I suppose by your above whining about how s-UAL got the "lion's share", you too would have been happy with half instead of the arbitration award which divided it proportionally. Your hypocrisy is epic.

Sled
jsled is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: 737 CA
Posts: 2,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquid View Post
Two words: emotional impact
Yeah. Let's just open up SFO and IAD for bidding exclusively for sCAL pilots. Seems fair to me!



Sled
jsled is offline  
Old 02-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
oldmako's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM
Posts: 2,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR73FO View Post
Welcome to the new USAIR. This greviance is just the tip of the iceberg that the UAL MEC has planned. The contract is finished, the sUAL pilots got the lions share of retro pay, and are now focused on grieving any and all parts of the contract that they did not get to manipulate through the normal negoiating processes. sUAL has now proven that they have no intention of proceeding with an amicable integration or representing any pilots other than sUAL pilots. This attempt to circumnavigate the agreed upon bid process is nothing more than the sUAL MEC holding the sCAL pilots at gunpoint to get what they desired but refused to do so in order to start their self-righteous pity-party as a means to an end.
Considering how your J dicked up the JCBA process, and how he has tried to manipulate the SLI process, I'd say what goes around, comes around.

Have a swell day!
oldmako is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
United Drops Air Wisconsin Gordon C Air Wisconsin 3 02-28-2017 08:43 AM
Uh oh!! Virgin America Two-percent Major 73 12-19-2012 05:35 PM
For United, Big Problems at Biggest Airline Golden Bear United 16 11-30-2012 05:33 PM
50 amazing facts about the economy Freight Dog Money Talk 20 11-08-2011 01:06 PM
United vows to fire strikers Sir James Major 0 05-08-2005 02:23 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:06 PM.