Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-21-2020, 05:39 AM   #171  
Line Holder
 
Da Vinci's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 48
Default

More like “50 seat volatility”
Da Vinci is offline  
Old 05-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #172  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Papa Bear's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2014
Position: A320 CA
Posts: 323
Default

If I have a single type rating for a 50 seater RJ Im filling out applications for the truck driving school.
Papa Bear is offline  
Old 05-22-2020, 07:28 AM   #173  
Gets Weekends Off
 
idlethrust's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
If I have a single type rating for a 50 seater RJ Im filling out applications for the truck driving school.
I have my CDL
working a driving job now during this downturn . It’s very flexible and if I work 5 days a week it’s 12-1500 bucks .
Working this , with the 30 hr line , in between pto and dropping lines I don’t want I’m doing just fine and will be for the next few months . If I get the F word come October I’ll be driving full time until the industry rebounds .
Got to have a plan b and know how to do something different
idlethrust is offline  
Old 04-02-2021, 04:06 AM   #174  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Escargot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 241
Default

Maybe, just maybe there's a future in 50 seater...
ZeroAvia
Escargot is offline  
Old 04-02-2021, 11:54 AM   #175  
Gets Mon-Sun Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 3,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
Maybe, just maybe there's a future in 50 seater...
ZeroAvia
Where does the hydrogen originate? What energy source is used to create the hydrogen?

I realize the average person in the general public says milk comes from a store...
TransWorld is offline  
Old 04-02-2021, 06:25 PM   #176  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Escargot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 241
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransWorld View Post
Where does the hydrogen originate? What energy source is used to create the hydrogen?

I realize the average person in the general public says milk comes from a store...
hydrogen is easy you come by. Electrolysis would be the easiest way. Turning that into a power cell is a different story. Lithium batteries are already the Hindenburg of modern times. Imagine what a runaway hydrogen cell with enough power to move a transport category aircraft must be like... well the Hindenburg, really.
Escargot is offline  
Old 04-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #177  
Perennial Reserve
 
Excargodog's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Posts: 6,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
hydrogen is easy you come by. Electrolysis would be the easiest way. Turning that into a power cell is a different story. Lithium batteries are already the Hindenburg of modern times. Imagine what a runaway hydrogen cell with enough power to move a transport category aircraft must be like... well the Hindenburg, really.
He asked what ENERGY SOURCE is used to create the Hydrogen.
Excargodog is online now  
Old 04-02-2021, 07:56 PM   #178  
Gets Mon-Sun Off
 
TransWorld's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2016
Position: Up Front
Posts: 3,278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excargodog View Post
He asked what ENERGY SOURCE is used to create the Hydrogen.
Exactly.

Electrolysis is applying current through water to make hydrogen and oxygen. Last time I heard, that current comes from Coal, Natural Gas, and Nuclear power plants. To lesser extents from Hydroelectric, intermittently from Solar, and intermittently from Wind.

Nothing is free.
TransWorld is offline  
Old 04-26-2021, 05:20 PM   #179  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Escargot's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2019
Posts: 241
Default

Here we go....
The Fall Of All-Economy 50 Seater Regional Jets In New York
Escargot is offline  
Old 04-26-2021, 07:12 PM   #180  
Gets Weekends Off
 
idlethrust's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2014
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escargot View Post
The domino effect will be interesting. I knew it was only a matter of time.
idlethrust is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UAL Scope, Jan 2016, 70 seat aircraft timeless Regional 21 11-24-2015 07:40 AM
Can't find the L-UAL 757 2nd jumpseat MOU duvie United 6 07-31-2015 08:07 AM
FDX--14-04 Bid Wildmanny Cargo 150 10-17-2014 07:13 AM
NWA Jump Seat policy for Mesaba Max Glide Regional 41 04-16-2009 07:17 AM
A man got into his seat on the plane........ Delta102 Hangar Talk 1 11-18-2005 08:30 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:07 PM.