Notices

Alaska Air Hiring

Old 10-01-2018, 12:34 PM
  #3611  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: Jet
Posts: 214
Default

[QUOTE=Ala5ka;2683981]Itís not a new revelation.. our terminal and airplanes have been noticeably less full...and itís odd, when I walked from our terminal to Uniteds to catch my commute home their terminal was as crowded as ever... I guess it isnít October in terminal 3?[/QUOTE

🙄
Bugaboo is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:20 PM
  #3612  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,533
Default

United Airlines is exponentially larger than Alaska, and SFO is a major hub of theirs. Of course itís going to be buzzing with people.

Load factor is what should be noted, rather than how busy a terminal is.
450knotOffice is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:26 PM
  #3613  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2013
Posts: 647
Default

Management doesn't make decisions or judgements based on anecdotal evidence, neither should we.
echelon is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 04:28 PM
  #3614  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Left, right & center
Posts: 797
Default

Originally Posted by 450knotOffice View Post
United Airlines is exponentially larger than Alaska, and SFO is a major hub of theirs. Of course itís going to be buzzing with people.

Load factor is what should be noted, rather than how busy a terminal is.
Hey, hey, hey - stop making sense! Dude's trying to get a good rant on, and here you are harshing his tizzy with logic.

Some people, I swear....
Reactivity is offline  
Old 10-01-2018, 06:40 PM
  #3615  
Banned
 
Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green
Posts: 4,378
Default

How about this... the Delta flights are full to/from FAI and ANC. That means ANC-SEA, ANC-MSP and ANC-ATL. You can connect to a lot more places in SEA, MSP and ATL other than AS's silly one flight a day from SEA/PDX.
Packrat is offline  
Old 10-02-2018, 08:13 AM
  #3616  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by Packrat View Post
How about this... the Delta flights are full to/from FAI and ANC. That means ANC-SEA, ANC-MSP and ANC-ATL. You can connect to a lot more places in SEA, MSP and ATL other than AS's silly one flight a day from SEA/PDX.
Theyíre full...but are they profitable on those flights with all the reduced fares they offer. FYI SEA > FAI is on a payload optimized RJ most of the year.
Dalda Erlines is offline  
Old 10-02-2018, 01:55 PM
  #3617  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: GUFN
Posts: 74
Default

Originally Posted by Dalda Erlines View Post
Theyíre full...but are they profitable on those flights with all the reduced fares they offer. FYI SEA > FAI is on a payload optimized RJ most of the year.
Spoken like a Bean Counter.
GUFN is offline  
Old 10-03-2018, 09:29 PM
  #3618  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2006
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 2,370
Default

Originally Posted by Dalda Erlines View Post
They’re full...but are they profitable on those flights with all the reduced fares they offer. FYI SEA > FAI is on a payload optimized RJ most of the year.
Haven't checked in a long time, have you?

Last year FAI-SEA was mainline all year. This year is mainline for all but something like a month or month and a half. It's an A319 right now, goes to an E-175 for a short bit then to a 737 around the holidays then back to E-175 and back to A319 before the summer season starts again with 737s. Flight showed mainline all year this winter too until a few weeks ago. Supposedly the RJ this year is more due to upguaging another route with the Airbus so Fairbanks lost it for a while.


That said, Alaska still has a lot more flights to and from Fairbanks and ANC. Ticket prices aren't lower on Delta though from what I understand from friends who travel those routes semi regularly as paying passengers.
Baradium is offline  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:34 AM
  #3619  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2018
Posts: 49
Default

Originally Posted by Baradium View Post
Haven't checked in a long time, have you?

Last year FAI-SEA was mainline all year. This year is mainline for all but something like a month or month and a half. It's an A319 right now, goes to an E-175 for a short bit then to a 737 around the holidays then back to E-175 and back to A319 before the summer season starts again with 737s. Flight showed mainline all year this winter too until a few weeks ago. Supposedly the RJ this year is more due to upguaging another route with the Airbus so Fairbanks lost it for a while.


That said, Alaska still has a lot more flights to and from Fairbanks and ANC. Ticket prices aren't lower on Delta though from what I understand from friends who travel those routes semi regularly as paying passengers.
I do see your point. Even if itís an RJ for only 4 months out of the year...they can only carry about 40 pax. Not sure about ticket prices, but at those loads with competitive prices itís hard to stay profitable. Must just be my inner bean counter 😉.
Dalda Erlines is offline  
Old 10-04-2018, 08:38 AM
  #3620  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2008
Posts: 168
Default

Originally Posted by Dalda Erlines View Post
I do see your point. Even if itís an RJ for only 4 months out of the year...they can only carry about 40 pax. Not sure about ticket prices, but at those loads with competitive prices itís hard to stay profitable. Must just be my inner bean counter 😉.
The 175 can take a full plane of pax up to FAI and cargo too. Didnít do it last year cause the alternate they use up there wasnít avaliable last year. And they usually take the pax over bags. Bags get sent up on another carrier.
RomeoSierra is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
vagabond
Hangar Talk
1
05-03-2011 05:44 PM
joel payne
Foreign
4
04-23-2009 01:38 PM
vagabond
Major
31
04-15-2009 08:51 AM
vagabond
Aviation Law
10
09-20-2008 12:50 PM
vagabond
Major
19
06-15-2007 06:29 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices