Notices

Atlas Air Hiring

Old 04-28-2011, 02:28 PM
  #1521  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

Springer, well said...and on the other side of that coin, DC8DRIVER, well said.

As much as I would like to wish the new CBA was in the Upper Upper Half, that is not the case...but that is a relative thing.

For those on the outside looking in (especially those without a job), it is pretty damn good.

That is not the reason for this thread though, is it?
744driver is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 03:45 PM
  #1522  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: 320 F.O.
Posts: 1,386
Default

Originally Posted by EMBFlyer View Post
I honestly have no idea. I had a very good feeling about things, but in the end it wasn't my day. I'd be willing to bet that part of it might have had to do with a type rating in another Boeing aircraft.
That is why I never got that type. My advise don't tell SWA why you don't have the 737 type during there interview. It's a sure way not to get on at SWA
Climbto450 is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 05:39 PM
  #1523  
Gets Weekends Off
 
JerrySpringer's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ
Posts: 441
Default

Originally Posted by 744driver View Post
Springer, well said...and on the other side of that coin, DC8DRIVER, well said.
I think DC8Driver and I are on the same side of the coin.

Being an amalgamation process, we did make some breakthroughs.

Like so many contracts, there is what you want, what you deserve, what you ask for and what you get.

At the end of the day, it will be a livable contract that pays us a better wage and will allow us to maintain a semblance of life.

Hopefully the company will continue to be successful so when this one opens up in a few years, we can get what we deserve (FNGs included!).

I hope all the wannabes who get hired, also come in to make this a great place to work.

On the line, all we have is each other. We need to stay safe and sane out there, so keep that in mind to you wanna-bes. Don't look at this place as $XXX/hr or $XXX,XXX/yr or you'll be disappointed. If you look at the job as a J-O-B, and you have a mind to be social with your co-workers a bit, and you can stand the time away from home, this is a fine job. You can engineer some incredible time off, but 16,17 day stretches can get a bit long. Flying with your buds makes it easier.
JerrySpringer is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 06:35 PM
  #1524  
Gets Weekends Off
 
DC8DRIVER's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: 747
Posts: 1,290
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer View Post
I think DC8Driver and I are on the same side of the coin.

Being an amalgamation process, we did make some breakthroughs.

Like so many contracts, there is what you want, what you deserve, what you ask for and what you get.

At the end of the day, it will be a livable contract that pays us a better wage and will allow us to maintain a semblance of life.

Hopefully the company will continue to be successful so when this one opens up in a few years, we can get what we deserve (FNGs included!).

I hope all the wannabes who get hired, also come in to make this a great place to work.

On the line, all we have is each other. We need to stay safe and sane out there, so keep that in mind to you wanna-bes. Don't look at this place as $XXX/hr or $XXX,XXX/yr or you'll be disappointed. If you look at the job as a J-O-B, and you have a mind to be social with your co-workers a bit, and you can stand the time away from home, this is a fine job. You can engineer some incredible time off, but 16,17 day stretches can get a bit long. Flying with your buds makes it easier.
+1 from the FNG wannabe
DC8DRIVER is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 06:28 PM
  #1525  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cruise's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Switch, Lever & Light Specialist
Posts: 1,065
Default

Originally Posted by JerrySpringer View Post
I think DC8Driver and I are on the same side of the coin.

Being an amalgamation process, we did make some breakthroughs.

Like so many contracts, there is what you want, what you deserve, what you ask for and what you get.

At the end of the day, it will be a livable contract that pays us a better wage and will allow us to maintain a semblance of life.

Hopefully the company will continue to be successful so when this one opens up in a few years, we can get what we deserve (FNGs included!).

I hope all the wannabes who get hired, also come in to make this a great place to work.

On the line, all we have is each other. We need to stay safe and sane out there, so keep that in mind to you wanna-bes. Don't look at this place as $XXX/hr or $XXX,XXX/yr or you'll be disappointed. If you look at the job as a J-O-B, and you have a mind to be social with your co-workers a bit, and you can stand the time away from home, this is a fine job. You can engineer some incredible time off, but 16,17 day stretches can get a bit long. Flying with your buds makes it easier.
Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
+1 from the FNG wannabe
+2 from another FNG wanabee......
Cruise is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
  #1526  
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Mar 2011
Position: 747-400,800 F/O
Posts: 6
Default May 9th

Im in the class that starts on the 9th. Anybody in that class bringing a car down to MIA? Or can anyone tell me if you think we need to?
Thanks
rockyf15 is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 PM
  #1527  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2010
Posts: 117
Default

Originally Posted by rockyf15 View Post
Im in the class that starts on the 9th. Anybody in that class bringing a car down to MIA? Or can anyone tell me if you think we need to?
Thanks
u

Good idea to bring one. the company will reimburse the return trip only up to an equivalent airline ticket. after ground school when the sim/fbs sessions start it'll come in real handy. hotel van is fairly reliable but you'll find yourself waiting as they can be busy. welcome onboard!!!
C5nwhaleguy is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 08:47 PM
  #1528  
Gets Weekends Off
 
744driver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2010
Position: B767 CA
Posts: 1,100
Default

It is nice to have a car and since you'll be staying at the Residence Inn during your training, you can use it to get some supplies...this serves two purposes: saves a lot time (that you can't afford to waste) trying to find dinner every night, and saves money, since you will have likely have left a good job, and will be on some meager per diem and pay during your training.

It is also nice to have the car since you can escape for a few hours during weekends (or other days off)...or you are likely to get cabin fever.
744driver is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 10:25 PM
  #1529  
Line Holder
 
Cousteau135's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: 747-400/8 CA
Posts: 46
Default

I would love to bring a car, but it's a 46 hour drive... OUCH! See you in a week!
Cousteau135 is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM
  #1530  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: C510/Left
Posts: 10
Default

Anyone from the 4/17 interview group hear anything from the company yet? No FedEx yet, just checkin!
jcfreshman is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
astropilot92571
Hiring News
6
05-15-2024 01:03 PM
AAL763
Atlas/Polar
112
12-10-2016 04:13 PM
ProceedOnCourse
Hiring News
23
08-16-2009 06:40 PM
cencal83406
Regional
17
02-03-2009 07:19 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices