Notices

[Breeze] Airways

Old 01-19-2022, 07:40 AM
  #2481  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chihuahua's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2021
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by Sausage
ESP after the news they’re gonna drop tmrw
Originally Posted by Tpinks
Well If you applied to fly the Ejet in TPA, good news, the base is being transitioned to the A220 and you get to live and fly out of Norfolk, Charleston or New Orleans!
I take it these two posts are related. Is the plan back to phasing out the E-Jet like they originally were going to do, and this is the first part of that? A while back someone said there were supposed to be more E-Jets coming in, but when fleets start getting pulled from bases, that's generally a sign of the start of the end times for that fleet. Seems like they don't really have a good idea of what direction they want to go in, but if they announced such a drastic thing, it sounds like they might be leaning back to the original idea of the whole airline being A220s.
chihuahua is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 07:54 AM
  #2482  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Posts: 134
Default

Sure would suck if you and your wife just moved halfway across the country…
Attached Images
hotmicoffNOW is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:00 AM
  #2483  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by chihuahua
I take it these two posts are related. Is the plan back to phasing out the E-Jet like they originally were going to do, and this is the first part of that? A while back someone said there were supposed to be more E-Jets coming in, but when fleets start getting pulled from bases, that's generally a sign of the start of the end times for that fleet. Seems like they don't really have a good idea of what direction they want to go in, but if they announced such a drastic thing, it sounds like they might be leaning back to the original idea of the whole airline being A220s.
The 190 was a plug for the 220, but the plan that was communicated was that Tampa more than likely would be a dual base. A good chunk of the base moved in and settled down. Now they have three months to pack up, get ready to commute to day trips, or leave.

The 190 will continue to grow, just not in Florida 💀
hotmicoffNOW is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:09 AM
  #2484  
Moderator
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 3,199
Default

Originally Posted by hotmicoffNOW
The 190 was a plug for the 220, but the plan that was communicated was that Tampa more than likely would be a dual base. A good chunk of the base moved in and settled down. Now they have three months to pack up, get ready to commute to day trips, or leave.

The 190 will continue to grow, just not in Florida 💀
I'd head ​​​to G4 immediately for the PIE base then figure things out from there. Or cast a wide net and move/commute to wherever you want to be.

Either way sorry to hear, wouldn't have guessed TPA would be first to go.
BobbyLeeSwagger is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:19 AM
  #2485  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chihuahua's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2021
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by hotmicoffNOW
The 190 was a plug for the 220, but the plan that was communicated was that Tampa more than likely would be a dual base. A good chunk of the base moved in and settled down. Now they have three months to pack up, get ready to commute to day trips, or leave.

The 190 will continue to grow, just not in Florida 💀
I'm sure everyone that moved down here probably wanted to move here since the west coast of Florida is quite a nice place to live. Not to mention getting away from all the covid non-sense that was still gripping the rest of the country when the airline started. The worst part really seems to be that all of those guys are probably senior by now, but they got themselves a 3 year equipment lock where they can't bid over to the 220 when their seniority would probably be able to hold it before the three years is up. What's the total number of E-Jets they're looking to operate along with the A220s? I wonder what the qualifications will look like when the A220 gets established and they start trying to hire FOs into it.
chihuahua is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:23 AM
  #2486  
Gets Weekends Off
 
chihuahua's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2021
Posts: 421
Default

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger
I'd head ​​​to G4 immediately for the PIE base then figure things out from there. Or cast a wide net and move/commute to wherever you want to be.

Either way sorry to hear, wouldn't have guessed TPA would be first to go.
I think at G4 you'd just end up commuting to day trips at worse places than the remaining Breeze E-Jet bases at least for some period of time, and forget about upgrading in any of the FL bases.
chihuahua is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:39 AM
  #2487  
Disinterested Third Party
 
Joined APC: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,132
Default

Originally Posted by SJS Maverick
I look at Australians as refugees trying to escape tyranny! Kind of feel bad for them😢
Spoken like someone who has never lived in Australia.

The wisdom of ignorance.
JohnBurke is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:42 AM
  #2488  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by chihuahua
I think at G4 you'd just end up commuting to day trips at worse places than the remaining Breeze E-Jet bases at least for some period of time, and forget about upgrading in any of the FL bases.
To be fair I have a friend who was just awarded PIE in training.
hotmicoffNOW is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:49 AM
  #2489  
Moderator
 
Joined APC: Sep 2017
Position: MEC Chairman, Snack Basket Committee
Posts: 3,199
Default

Originally Posted by chihuahua
I think at G4 you'd just end up commuting to day trips at worse places than the remaining Breeze E-Jet bases at least for some period of time, and forget about upgrading in any of the FL bases.
Gotcha, well shoot... good thing everyone's hiring then.
BobbyLeeSwagger is offline  
Old 01-19-2022, 08:50 AM
  #2490  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2021
Posts: 134
Default

Originally Posted by BobbyLeeSwagger
I'd head ​​​to G4 immediately for the PIE base then figure things out from there. Or cast a wide net and move/commute to wherever you want to be.

Either way sorry to hear, wouldn't have guessed TPA would be first to go.
Good thing F9 has a base in TPA too.
hotmicoffNOW is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Frisky Pilot
Regional
20
01-01-2022 05:02 PM
Drums4life
Regional
107
08-16-2011 11:21 PM
ryane946
Major
25
03-06-2007 08:53 PM
RedBaron007
Major
3
01-31-2007 09:05 PM
RockBottom
Major
0
03-07-2005 11:04 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Your Privacy Choices