Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2019, 03:10 PM   #11  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
ATI?

Name me one ACMI carrier that has an industry standard contract- I mean comparable to the big 3, FedEx etc. Even when you throw in gateway/home basing its still not enough compensation to be equal.

Personally I'd say anything below that is concessionary.
Nailed it!
JonnyKnoxville is online now  
Old 03-29-2019, 04:15 PM   #12  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2009
Posts: 497
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipWhitaker View Post
Who do you expect to take the concessions?
No one. Iím saying that this shenanigans is exactly like RJ flying.
4runner is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:02 PM   #13  
Just Plane Stupid
 
HeavyDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Captain
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
Itís almost like a regional whipsaw circa till a few years ago.
A few yours ago? Thatís been going on for 30 years.
HeavyDriver is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 05:10 PM   #14  
Just Plane Stupid
 
HeavyDriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Captain
Posts: 378
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
ATI?

Name me one ACMI carrier that has an industry standard contract- I mean comparable to the big 3, FedEx etc. Even when you throw in gateway/home basing its still not enough compensation to be equal.

Personally I'd say anything below that is concessionary.
Name one ACMI carrier that has the seniority numbers to leverage a company for those great big 3 contracts?

And name one of those big 3 that will also support that poor little ACMI with a symphony strike.

Kings, Lords, Commoners, and Peasants we are.

Lord HeavyDriver
HeavyDriver is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 08:15 PM   #15  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2017
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runner View Post
No one. Iím saying that this shenanigans is exactly like RJ flying.
I agree, I thought you were taking a shot at southern guys, my bad.
WhipWhitaker is online now  
Old 03-29-2019, 09:04 PM   #16  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyDriver View Post
Name one ACMI carrier that has the seniority numbers to leverage a company for those great big 3 contracts?

And name one of those big 3 that will also support that poor little ACMI with asymphony strike.

Kings, Lords, Commoners, and Peasants we are.

Lord HeavyDriver
Would that be Mahler's 6th? (Nicknamed "Tragic")
flugenmachen is offline  
Old 03-29-2019, 09:25 PM   #17  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Posts: 148
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsmash View Post
Plus, you will probably get to fly with street captains if you donít meet the PIC requirements . The last upgrade went to a pilot with 5 1/2 months on property. 😱.

A street hire captain will make approximately $1600 x 3 months training pay and then $116.98 x 50 hour first year guarantee Thatís a little over $57k in the first year (not including the little bit of perdiem you might be able to pocket).

Thanks for the info

I wouldnít/wonít give it a second thoughtóand Iím typed in the 73.

Tbnt
V12Merlin is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 04:42 AM   #18  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: retired
Posts: 520
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
ATI?

Name me one ACMI carrier that has an industry standard contract- I mean comparable to the big 3, FedEx etc. Even when you throw in gateway/home basing its still not enough compensation to be equal.

Personally I'd say anything below that is concessionary.
Your 100% right the trouble is when you donít own your own content you lose lots of leverage. The company issuing the contract can just move said contract to someone else and will. Getting good leverage/ pressure on the DHL and Amazon types is the answer. The Delta FedEx contracts arenít because the corporations are nice guys , if they could get away with paying pilots 50% less they would.
filejw is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 10:30 AM   #19  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 2,019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filejw View Post
Your 100% right the trouble is when you donít own your own content you lose lots of leverage. The company issuing the contract can just move said contract to someone else and will. Getting good leverage/ pressure on the DHL and Amazon types is the answer. The Delta FedEx contracts arenít because the corporations are nice guys , if they could get away with paying pilots 50% less they would.
The LCC's own their own content but don't have the contracts of the big three. Much more to it. Look at the costs to operate each flight, what percentage of it goes to the pilots? A tiny percent. I dare say that the LCC's could pay way more, and the big five could easily get away with paying much less.
So what really drives it?
No Land 3 is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 01:33 PM   #20  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Land 3 View Post
The LCC's own their own content but don't have the contracts of the big three. Much more to it. Look at the costs to operate each flight, what percentage of it goes to the pilots? A tiny percent. I dare say that the LCC's could pay way more, and the big five could easily get away with paying much less.
So what really drives it?

I'll tell you, its the PILOTS, it is not rocket science. As long as pilots vote to pass these dumb CBA's and accept a low sub standard wage, no benefits, lack of retirement, crappy work rules, the pilot group ALWAYS loses. Mean while management is banking nice bonus checks monthly on our efforts. Line pilots need to draw a hard line in the sand and stick together and don't budge, then and only then will ACMI carriers start to come into their own. In the mean time Amazon, DHL, ATSG, Atlas and other companies are laughing all the way to the bank........suckers
MentalMidget is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon Changes its Annual Filing jetstar1 FedEx 16 02-28-2019 07:11 PM
Amazon Prime Air 727574drvr Cargo 507 12-01-2018 11:22 PM
New Hire Class Dates Apr-Aug svergin United 140 06-09-2016 10:39 PM
Amazon Prime Adds 1M New Customers in Dec DLax85 Cargo 5 01-06-2014 05:10 PM
Twin Aisle 737 vagabond Technical 4 10-31-2010 01:43 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:32 PM.