Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-30-2019, 02:08 PM   #21  
Gets three weeks off.
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Window Seat
Posts: 1,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyKnoxville View Post
Nailed it!
You guys still don't get "it". Numpties.
aviatorhi is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 02:59 PM   #22  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FLYMIA's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2013
Position: CRJ Left
Posts: 219
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsmash View Post
Plus, you will probably get to fly with street captains if you don’t meet the PIC requirements . The last upgrade went to a pilot with 5 1/2 months on property. ��.

A street hire captain will make approximately $1600 x 3 months training pay and then $116.98 x 50 hour first year guarantee That’s a little over $57k in the first year (not including the little bit of perdiem you might be able to pocket).
Is this honestly what the pay is?! Embellishing or being serious? If it is that's astounding. How do you guys operate at that pay? I'm on a CRJ and make just a tad over $100K and work about half the month. I'm not trying sound facetious at all honestly. If thats really the pay I'm dumbfounded how those aircraft move at all. I'm pretty shocked really. I take it no one, NO ONE, is showing up to class for this. If I were offered a job and they told me that was the pay I think I'd have a good laugh and then say, no really whats the pay? Edited because I also want to add, you gentlemen/Ladies deserve much better. Best of luck.
FLYMIA is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 03:05 PM   #23  
Gets Weekends Off
 
brownie's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: 757/767
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYMIA View Post
Is this honestly what the pay is?! Embellishing or being serious? If it is that's astounding. How do you guys operate at that pay? I'm on a CRJ and make just a tad over $100K and work about half the month. I'm not trying sound facetious at all honestly. If thats really the pay I'm dumbfounded how those aircraft move at all. I'm pretty shocked really. I take it no one, NO ONE, is showing up to class for this. If I were offered a job and they told me that was the pay I think I'd have a good laugh and then say, no really whats the pay? Edited because I also want to add, you gentlemen/Ladies deserve much better. Best of luck.
Nobody deserves anything in life and is what you negotiate and knowing ones self worth.
brownie is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 05:34 PM   #24  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2017
Position: 777 Left window seat
Posts: 202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYMIA View Post
Is this honestly what the pay is?! Embellishing or being serious? If it is that's astounding. How do you guys operate at that pay? I'm on a CRJ and make just a tad over $100K and work about half the month. I'm not trying sound facetious at all honestly. If thats really the pay I'm dumbfounded how those aircraft move at all. I'm pretty shocked really. I take it no one, NO ONE, is showing up to class for this. If I were offered a job and they told me that was the pay I think I'd have a good laugh and then say, no really whats the pay? Edited because I also want to add, you gentlemen/Ladies deserve much better. Best of luck.
No embellishing. That is what the Southern LOA/Atlas CBA pays a new hire 737 captain. But hey, a second year 737 captain will make approximately $89k ($120.49/hr x 62 x 12). Thatís the sad, sad truth.
Birdsmash is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 05:51 PM   #25  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: Fetal and Fatigued
Posts: 314
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsmash View Post
But hey, a second year 737 captain will make approximately $89k ($120.49/hr x 62 x 12). Thatís the sad, sad truth.
Oh but shiiiiiiiiiiiiny jet!!!! If only the ATI guys would share the Amazon pilot bag tags!
Jurassic Jet is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 07:44 PM   #26  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2009
Posts: 561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviatorhi View Post
You guys still don't get "it". Numpties.
Why don't you do us all a favor and grace us with your expert opinion?
JonnyKnoxville is offline  
Old 03-30-2019, 09:57 PM   #27  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NoJoy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: LAMA/P180/747
Posts: 374
Default

Actually wouldnít surprise me if they did fill the seats initially. Atlas has hired quite a few pilots lately with no Turbine PIC time. And upgrades in the 767 and 747 have slowed down.
So for those individuals who want/need the PIC time, the 737 might be for them. Itís either that or go to Mesa
NoJoy is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:46 AM   #28  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJoy View Post
Actually wouldnít surprise me if they did fill the seats initially. Atlas has hired quite a few pilots lately with no Turbine PIC time. And upgrades in the 767 and 747 have slowed down.
So for those individuals who want/need the PIC time, the 737 might be for them. Itís either that or go to Mesa
The problem I see with that logic is how you get pilots from one seniority list to another. As of now Atlas and Southern are not on one list.

I could see direct entry CA on the 737, but without seniority list integration they'll have a hard time moving pilots from the 767 and 747 over to the 737.
Groundpointfife is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 05:49 AM   #29  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Position: Wichita
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
The problem I see with that logic is how you get pilots from one seniority list to another. As of now Atlas and Southern are not on one list.

I could see direct entry CA on the 737, but without seniority list integration they'll have a hard time moving pilots from the 767 and 747 over to the 737.
Direct Entry Captain into a 737 for $50,000 a year? Oh yeah thereís no doubt Atlas will bend some more metal.
JackStraw is offline  
Old 03-31-2019, 08:14 AM   #30  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
Direct Entry Captain into a 737 for $50,000 a year? Oh yeah thereís no doubt Atlas will bend some more metal.
Do you think they care?
Groundpointfife is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amazon Changes its Annual Filing jetstar1 FedEx 16 02-28-2019 07:11 PM
Amazon Prime Air 727574drvr Cargo 507 12-01-2018 11:22 PM
New Hire Class Dates Apr-Aug svergin United 140 06-09-2016 10:39 PM
Amazon Prime Adds 1M New Customers in Dec DLax85 Cargo 5 01-06-2014 05:10 PM
Twin Aisle 737 vagabond Technical 4 10-31-2010 01:43 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:01 AM.