Notices
Cargo Part 121 cargo airlines

Ups 777f?

Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM
  #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
MaydayMark's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD-11 Captain
Posts: 4,301
Default Ups 777f?

What say you?

Ups 777f Or 330f Which One? — Civil Aviation Forum | Airliners.net
MaydayMark is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:40 PM
  #2  
On Reserve
 
ANCSDF's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Posts: 20
Default

I heard UPS is furloughing in April. Highly doubt they have a big jet order coming.
ANCSDF is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
  #3  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: MD-11 Captain
Posts: 31
Default

FedEx has the 777F production line tied up for the forseeable future. Also heard they signed a deal to tie up a freighter conversion line for the 777--not sure how that could be without any 777 pax airplanes lined up to buy (at least not announced).
buffalosoldier is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:44 PM
  #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Rocket Bob's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Position: B-747-400 FO
Posts: 337
Default

You've really got your ear to the ground over at UPS headquarters huh, ANCSDF..
Rocket Bob is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 05:49 PM
  #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Cujo's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Great White North
Posts: 391
Default

Originally Posted by buffalosoldier View Post
FedEx has the 777F production line tied up for the forseeable future. Also heard they signed a deal to tie up a freighter conversion line for the 777--not sure how that could be without any 777 pax airplanes lined up to buy (at least not announced).

JAL maybe ??? Who knows ...
Cujo is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 06:48 PM
  #6  
Line Holder
 
Jonathan E's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2009
Position: 757 FO
Posts: 86
Default

I fly for UPS. I'm not enjoying the current mid-term contract attack. However, an undisclosed Boeing customer has 6(?) 777Fs on order in an unique (stripped down) configuration with a galley that only UPS orders. Remember UPS pays hard cold ca$h for jets.
Jonathan E is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:24 PM
  #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Archie Bunker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Brown 747-400
Posts: 521
Default

Originally Posted by Jonathan E View Post
I fly for UPS. I'm not enjoying the current mid-term contract attack. However, an undisclosed Boeing customer has 6(?) 777Fs on order in an unique (stripped down) configuration with a galley that only UPS orders. Remember UPS pays hard cold ca$h for jets.
I'll believe it when we see brown tail 777s sitting on the ramp in ANC. Until then, it's nothing but wishful thinking.
Archie Bunker is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM
  #8  
Where's my Mai Tai?
 
Swedish Blender's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: fins to the left, fins to the right
Posts: 1,604
Default

hey Rocket,

I'm learning the French bird. Call me for an adult beverage whenever.
Swedish Blender is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 08:36 PM
  #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: MD-11 F/O
Posts: 211
Default

Originally Posted by ANCSDF View Post
I heard UPS is furloughing in April. Highly doubt they have a big jet order coming.
I'm looking at your other posts. Did you come over from FI?
cp
cessnapilot is offline  
Old 01-20-2010, 09:06 PM
  #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,234
Default

Originally Posted by ANCSDF View Post
I heard UPS is furloughing in April. Highly doubt they have a big jet order coming.
Very possible on the aircraft order. They are moving toward bigger aircraft and fewer flights. 75's going low untilization and MD 11 fleet getting used in the lower 48 more. 777 can bypass ANC. and carry the load.
FDX has to many pilots and is buying 757's
757upspilot is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
SLPII
Cargo
231
02-08-2017 10:25 PM
HankHill
Cargo
31
05-08-2009 08:05 PM
jungle
Cargo
0
12-10-2008 06:55 AM
FR8K9
Cargo
12
10-06-2008 05:02 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread