Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Charter Part 121 pax charter airlines
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-15-2017, 10:49 AM   #1
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 139
Default Atlas Air pilot negotiations

I know there are multiple threads for Atlas already, but I didn't seem to see one dedicated to the progress of getting a new contract.

As of today I see it has been over 372 days. I'm not looking for a crystal ball saying when it will come to fruition, but rather any updates as they happen.

Since July 6th, what has been going on?
Groundpointfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 01:26 PM   #2
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
I know there are multiple threads for Atlas already, but I didn't seem to see one dedicated to the progress of getting a new contract.

As of today I see it has been over 372 days. I'm not looking for a crystal ball saying when it will come to fruition, but rather any updates as they happen.

Since July 6th, what has been going on?
Several of the less important sections have been negotiated and agreed.

Several of the less important sections were negotiated and not agreed upon.

All of the important sections are still open and have not even been touched yet.

Negotiations dates have been agreed upon for the next 6 months, but if the company won't agree to the easy sections then there is no hope for the more important ones.

Don't expect to see a new contract for at least 2-3 MORE years.
Screwed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Gets Weekends Off
 
NoJoy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: LAMA/P180/747
Posts: 346
Default

^^yep. 2020 we might see something to vote on.
NoJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 03:03 PM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2015
Position: Gear slinger
Posts: 1,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJoy View Post
^^yep. 2020 we might see something to vote on.
Kalitta took six years. I'd be surprised if you see a contract on a quicker timeline with all the roadblocks the company has been throwing up to stall negotiations.
Otterbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwed View Post
Several of the less important sections have been negotiated and agreed.

Several of the less important sections were negotiated and not agreed upon.

All of the important sections are still open and have not even been touched yet.

Negotiations dates have been agreed upon for the next 6 months, but if the company won't agree to the easy sections then there is no hope for the more important ones.

Don't expect to see a new contract for at least 2-3 MORE years.
Can you elaborate on what sections have been agreed upon, which have not and which ones have not even been addressed?

I think your assessment is correct that it's at least 3 years out, which is disappointing, but at least it's realistic.

When are the dates for the next 6 months so those following can get a better idea of how things progress?
Groundpointfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:41 AM   #6
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 139
Default

How is the compensation part looking?
Groundpointfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:16 AM   #7
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2013
Posts: 199
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
How is the compensation part looking?
Those are the last and hardest sections that will be worked on. The company won't even agree to the easy sections.

This whole set of negotiations going on now is just a dog and pony show being put on by the company! They are trying to fool the customers, banks, and shareholders into believing progress is being made. All designed just to get them through the 4th quarter.
CargoPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #8
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 139
Default

How is attrition going, and will Atlas be able to staff the flying they have?

I'd imagine if attrition outpaced recruitment, then there would be pressure on management to get something put together to attract talent. Or do people feel that they'd rather beach contract(s) and lose flying before they pay another dime?
Groundpointfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 02:09 PM   #9
Gets Weekends Off
 
captainv's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2008
Position: Knuckle-dragging line pilot
Posts: 943
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundpointfife View Post
How is attrition going, and will Atlas be able to staff the flying they have?

I'd imagine if attrition outpaced recruitment, then there would be pressure on management to get something put together to attract talent. Or do people feel that they'd rather beach contract(s) and lose flying before they pay another dime?
In general, they have outpaced attrition, lately by running large classes every three weeks. 747's last class was in July, however, and 767 has two more classes this year (announced). This keeps the list growing incrementally. It is not enough to staff continued Amazon deliveries or any new business.
captainv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 03:08 PM   #10
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Groundpointfife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2017
Position: On guard
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainv View Post
In general, they have outpaced attrition, lately by running large classes every three weeks. 747's last class was in July, however, and 767 has two more classes this year (announced). This keeps the list growing incrementally. It is not enough to staff continued Amazon deliveries or any new business.
So in your opinion, will the Amazon deliveries stop due to lack of staffing, or do they have cards up their sleeve to get pilots on property?
Groundpointfife is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
757 Crews Are “Fuming” Over Poor Cabin Air Quality Freightbird FedEx 22 08-12-2016 11:12 PM
Atlas Purchases Southern Air MD-11Loader Cargo 212 05-06-2016 10:20 AM
Atlas Air Press Release GIANT PILOT Cargo 33 06-13-2008 05:22 PM
SkyWest looking to buy MAG, XJT, or both Deez340 Regional 160 05-06-2008 09:41 PM
ABX Air Declares DHL in Fault of Agreement Jurassic Jet Cargo 26 11-15-2007 07:16 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:21 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.