Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2018, 11:26 AM   #1  
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Azorian's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 79
Default Attrition

Whats the current attrition rate? I cant imagine there are a lot of FOs jumping ship with the upgrade time right at 1000 hours

just doing the math

If anyone is to come on as a new hire HVA, seems rather unattractive to have to sit and wait wile 1,000 +/- FOs upgrade on top of you - even if every base got a reasonably similar number of upgrades (which they wont) thats still 300 pilots upgrading on top of any HVA direct entry captain hired today.

even with an AA Flow number. and $45,000 bonus, that seems like a crap deal

you'd sit ready for 6 months, RAP for probably another 6-12 months. even if you did manage to bid to the base you wanted, you would be under the constant threat of being displaced back to where-the-hell-ever, eventually you'd hold a line... but it would be the most bottom of the barrel line for pretty much the next half of your time at Envoy

one has to look past the trees if they are going to see the forest.

I imagine there arent a lot of prior 121 guys out there who want four stripes that badly
Azorian is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:11 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
bigtime209's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,523
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azorian View Post
Whats the current attrition rate? I cant imagine there are a lot of FOs jumping ship with the upgrade time right at 1000 hours

just doing the math

If anyone is to come on as a new hire HVA, seems rather unattractive to have to sit and wait wile 1,000 +/- FOs upgrade on top of you - even if every base got a reasonably similar number of upgrades (which they wont) thats still 300 pilots upgrading on top of any HVA direct entry captain hired today.

even with an AA Flow number. and $45,000 bonus, that seems like a crap deal

you'd sit ready for 6 months, RAP for probably another 6-12 months. even if you did manage to bid to the base you wanted, you would be under the constant threat of being displaced back to where-the-hell-ever, eventually you'd hold a line... but it would be the most bottom of the barrel line for pretty much the next half of your time at Envoy

one has to look past the trees if they are going to see the forest.

I imagine there arent a lot of prior 121 guys out there who want four stripes that badly
Outside of the flow, attrition to other airlines is extremely low for now. Weíll see what happens in the coming years. Your understanding of how the HVA deal would play out is correct. With the exception of some recruiting/management types, there isnít anyone on here thatís going to convince you that itís a great deal.
bigtime209 is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 05:20 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Inop2's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Outside of the flow, attrition to other airlines is extremely low for now. Weíll see what happens in the coming years. Your understanding of how the HVA deal would play out is correct. With the exception of some recruiting/management types, there isnít anyone on here thatís going to convince you that itís a great deal.
Will be interesting to see what impact a 43% pay increase will do at Spirit. IMHO.... there may a fairly large number of guys at the WOís willing to jump ship if they get a spot at Spirt ...if the new TA is approved. The pay will be on par with AA ...why wait. Spirit likes guys that wonít leave...no 4 year degree, no problem at Spirit...they just want guys that will stay for the long haul. Flying the bus, min 4 days off between trips, great health care, 11% going to 15% company 401k contribution. Anyone in their high 40ís low 50ís should give this a hard look.
Inop2 is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 04:10 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
AZPilotMike's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2017
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inop2 View Post
Will be interesting to see what impact a 43% pay increase will do at Spirit. IMHO.... there may a fairly large number of guys at the WOís willing to jump ship if they get a spot at Spirt ...if the new TA is approved. The pay will be on par with AA ...why wait. Spirit likes guys that wonít leave...no 4 year degree, no problem at Spirit...they just want guys that will stay for the long haul. Flying the bus, min 4 days off between trips, great health care, 11% going to 15% company 401k contribution. Anyone in their high 40ís low 50ís should give this a hard look.
I am 100% going to apply if that TA gets approved. I agree with everything you said. I am old enough that being a captain on a 787 making top tier pay at AA is a pipe dream.
AZPilotMike is offline  
Old 02-16-2018, 05:55 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
 
havick206's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2017
Posts: 1,483
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPilotMike View Post
I am 100% going to apply if that TA gets approved. I agree with everything you said. I am old enough that being a captain on a 787 making top tier pay at AA is a pipe dream.
+1

Filler
havick206 is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 07:06 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Milksheikh's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2016
Posts: 141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtime209 View Post
Outside of the flow, attrition to other airlines is extremely low for now. Weíll see what happens in the coming years. Your understanding of how the HVA deal would play out is correct. With the exception of some recruiting/management types, there isnít anyone on here thatís going to convince you that itís a great deal.
This right here is my biggest deterrent to envoy right now. It seems envoy and psa are polar opposites in this. Seems like most pilots go to envoy because of flow and are banking on it. At psa, SAP seems to be the main factor along with their base choices and they have much more attrition outside of flow as just about everyone wants out to wherever calls first asap.

Minimal outside attrition along with they no longer are hiring into dfw, upgrading against your will to a base you won't want, and awful reserve rules to enjoy along with it are my main reasons for not coming here now.
Milksheikh is offline  
Old 02-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
use2fly's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: middle seat in the back
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milksheikh View Post
This right here is my biggest deterrent to envoy right now. It seems envoy and psa are polar opposites in this. Seems like most pilots go to envoy because of flow and are banking on it. At psa, SAP seems to be the main factor along with their base choices and they have much more attrition outside of flow as just about everyone wants out to wherever calls first asap.

Minimal outside attrition along with they no longer are hiring into dfw, upgrading against your will to a base you won't want, and awful reserve rules to enjoy along with it are my main reasons for not coming here now.
Don't forget the company's blatant disregard for the contract.
use2fly is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attrition? RyanSD Regional 3 11-12-2008 08:03 AM
Final attrition numbers for MAG 2007 ERJ Driver Regional 10 01-19-2008 01:17 PM
XJT Attrition rjboy Regional 20 07-31-2007 04:40 AM
Republic attrition rates RedBaron007 Regional 67 04-30-2007 08:52 AM
XJT vs. SKW attrition rates... palgia841 Regional 3 03-04-2007 07:36 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:33 PM.