Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2017, 06:14 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Posts: 140
Default Bumpee for Training and DH Bank

Do we keep the "Bank" money if we were bumped from a trip for training? I know we keep the money if the trip were cancelled, but I didn't find a specific reference to bumps. Since the trip was removed from my line, I noticed that the deviation bank was removed from the expense report as well.
2dogs is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 06:59 AM   #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Mar 2016
Position: Right
Posts: 53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
Do we keep the "Bank" money if we were bumped from a trip for training? I know we keep the money if the trip were cancelled, but I didn't find a specific reference to bumps. Since the trip was removed from my line, I noticed that the deviation bank was removed from the expense report as well.
Yes you do, but you may need to call the expense report people and have them correct the report to reflect the missing bank money, or do an insight report also?
GoAroundFlaps is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:04 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
Do we keep the "Bank" money if we were bumped from a trip for training? I know we keep the money if the trip were cancelled, but I didn't find a specific reference to bumps. Since the trip was removed from my line, I noticed that the deviation bank was removed from the expense report as well.
You get to keep the bank if you are bumped for training. Save a copy of the pairing, now that you're off it, showing the training, the DH money, etc. Then, go into the expense report system. (You may have to create an empty report if it's early in a month.) In scheduled deadheads, in expense reports, in the correct month, go to add missing, enter the info and it will appear immediately in your report. It may take a couple of days for you to receive the notification that it's approved though. Make sure you put in the reason section "bumped for training".

You don't need to call or file an insight unless the process of the expense report scheduled DH add for missing record doesn't work and you get denied. I've done it the way I said above 6+ times in the past couple of years and it's worked fine. Takes 2-3 days to get the crew notification back that's it's approved, though.

Now, sometimes management will bump you for their own purpose and they will usually ask you in advance. You get the trip pay from a management bump, but not the bank.
Raptor is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,276
Default

Page 351 of CBA:


25.U.
Bumping for Training


2. If a pilot is bumped from his entire trip to facilitate the training of another pilot, he shall be removed from the trip, shall have no further responsibility for that trip and shall earn trip guarantee. Any deadhead monies associated with the removed trip shall remain intact. If a pilot is bumped from a trip in a series of trips he shall be entitled to a hotel room as an allowable deviation expense.


Just had it - Raptor's procedure is all you need to do.
(except the discrepancy selection you want is in the "Travel Bank" section, not scheduled deadheads).

Basically, if you have the option to say "No thanks" to the bump (yes, some do ), the bank stays with the trip (as in PDO bump). If it's involuntary, then the bank is yours.
Adlerdriver is offline  
Old 07-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Mar 2012
Posts: 140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Page 351 of CBA:


25.U.
Bumping for Training


2. If a pilot is bumped from his entire trip to facilitate the training of another pilot, he shall be removed from the trip, shall have no further responsibility for that trip and shall earn trip guarantee. Any deadhead monies associated with the removed trip shall remain intact. If a pilot is bumped from a trip in a series of trips he shall be entitled to a hotel room as an allowable deviation expense.


Just had it - Raptor's procedure is all you need to do.
(except the discrepancy selection you want is in the "Travel Bank" section, not scheduled deadheads).

Basically, if you have the option to say "No thanks" to the bump (yes, some do ), the bank stays with the trip (as in PDO bump). If it's involuntary, then the bank is yours.
Thanks. No wonder I couldn't find it. I was looking in the wrong section........Deadhead.
2dogs is offline  
Old 04-19-2019, 03:52 PM   #6  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: MD-11 F/O
Posts: 67
Default

If you are bumped do you keep the right to travel (deviation) within 3 days of the trip you have been bumped from?

I bought a ticket home from vacation and a ride home from airport based on the removed trip. Got a crew notification saying my surface transportation in excess of $100 was no longer approved and I would have to refile. Went to refile and the trip I was assigning it to was no longer an option (bumped trip).

So I keep the bumped trips funds, but canít use them as I had planned?
decrabbitz is offline  
Old 04-19-2019, 06:20 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Adlerdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: 767 Captain
Posts: 3,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by decrabbitz View Post
If you are bumped do you keep the right to travel (deviation) within 3 days of the trip you have been bumped from?

I bought a ticket home from vacation and a ride home from airport based on the removed trip. Got a crew notification saying my surface transportation in excess of $100 was no longer approved and I would have to refile. Went to refile and the trip I was assigning it to was no longer an option (bumped trip).

So I keep the bumped trips funds, but can’t use them as I had planned?
I'm pretty sure you're SOL. The bottom line is the travel funds are there for you to use in conjunction with a FedEx activity (trip, training, R-day). If you're able to mesh that activity and the travel it requires with some personal stuff like vacation, that's an added bonus. But, if the activity justifying FedEx paying for travel goes away, so does your reason for charging deviation expenses against your travel bank.

It can't hurt to ask the question via Insite. I commuted to MEM using my bank for GT to the airport and then ended up getting sick before show time. I assumed since I no longer had the trip that I would have to eat the GT expense. When I explained that I actual commuted to MEM before calling in sick, the expense was allowed. So, you can try but I wouldn't expect good news. JMO.
Adlerdriver is offline  
Old 04-19-2019, 09:26 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Hound's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
Default

Yes!! You keep the deviation bank. Here is the process to get it restored.
After the start date of the trip you were bumped from
go into your expense report in the first (deviation bank) section and click on the "Add Missing Travel Bank Record" button. The pop up window will give you the option to restore your bank. Just use the pull down and select Bumped For Training (BFT).

As mentioned above, you will need info off of the original pairing including pairing number, date, the scheduled deadhead airline and flight number and the bank value.

You'll get a crew notification within a day or so and the bank will reappear in your travel claim within another day.

Only trick is that you can not do this until the date of the original pairing.
Hound is offline  
Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 PM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Hound's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2007
Posts: 109
Default

Adler is correct. If removed from the trip (other than SUB) you lose the 3 day window to travel on company bank money.
Hound is offline  
Old 04-20-2019, 05:03 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2005
Posts: 445
Default

So what happens if he had commuted in already three days prior.
viperdriver is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:02 AM.