Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > > >
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 12:08 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 183
Default FedEx Travel

Sorry to create a new forum but I was just wondering how FedEx pilots and their families travel. With airlines offering non rev travel benefits I just always wondered if one were to be a FedEx pilot and their spouse liked to travel a lot how could you offset the travel benefits that airlines offer? Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegionalFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:27 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegionalFO View Post
Sorry to create a new forum but I was just wondering how FedEx pilots and their families travel. With airlines offering non rev travel benefits I just always wondered if one were to be a FedEx pilot and their spouse liked to travel a lot how could you offset the travel benefits that airlines offer? Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I personally bid schedules that have a ton of deadheads. We keep all the airline miles so many guys will use those accrued miles to buy tickets.
middies10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:50 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2012
Position: B757
Posts: 256
Default

We make enough where we can just buy our family tickets.
Temocil27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:04 PM   #4  
Chemtrail Dispenser..
 
Joined APC: Apr 2015
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegionalFO View Post
Sorry to create a new forum but I was just wondering how FedEx pilots and their families travel. With airlines offering non rev travel benefits I just always wondered if one were to be a FedEx pilot and their spouse liked to travel a lot how could you offset the travel benefits that airlines offer? Thanks!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have you tried getting your family a seat on a non rev flight lately? Nearly impossible to any desired location.
Buy the ticket.
123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:50 PM   #5  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 183
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123456 View Post
Have you tried getting your family a seat on a non rev flight lately? Nearly impossible to any desired location.

Buy the ticket.


Does FedEx have ZED or any agreements with any airlines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegionalFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 02:18 PM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2012
Posts: 385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegionalFO View Post
Does FedEx have ZED or any agreements with any airlines?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And are those first class zeds?
Grumpyaviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:23 PM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Aug 2006
Posts: 246
Default

We can non-rev using myidtravel website. Need to do an online test every six months so you know the rules. Southwest is about $30 each way and the easiest to go on. Delta fee is based on a bunch of factors. SAN-SLC $80 each way. Flights are over sold a lot. If you can travel off peak you will have better luck getting on.

Flown with some guys who have gone all over the world. They homeschool so they can miss the rush.
max8222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 07:34 PM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Weekends off
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by middies10 View Post
I personally bid schedules that have a ton of deadheads. We keep all the airline miles so many guys will use those accrued miles to buy tickets.
Would a new hire be able to hold deadheads or does that come with being senior?
wankel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 09:44 PM   #9  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Apr 2018
Position: MEM HSBY
Posts: 65
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankel7 View Post
Would a new hire be able to hold deadheads or does that come with being senior?
in the 75 you can hold lines with deadheads in less than a year.
other fleets, not so much
LunkerHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 03:05 AM   #10  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jan 2018
Position: 737 FO
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkerHunter View Post
in the 75 you can hold lines with deadheads in less than a year.
other fleets, not so much
About a year on other fleets too, if not less. There's a lot of deadheads on the MD.
AwkwardTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why I chose FedEX WallyF4 FedEx 237 03-10-2018 03:28 PM
FEDEX GM Supplier discount, Co. Code? Flaps50 Cargo 10 11-28-2014 12:48 PM
NJA vs FDX charleyvarrick Cargo 34 08-27-2011 11:10 AM
Bad news for FedEx Browntail Cargo 8 08-01-2008 05:52 PM
Fedex lessons ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE Cargo 22 06-04-2008 01:16 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:36 AM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.5, Copyright ©2000-2019, MH Sub I, LLC dba vBulletin
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Website Copyright 2000 - 2017 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1