Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2019, 05:30 AM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Hacker15e's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: IPZ to Mr.
Posts: 1,187
Default Hiring Pool

According to emails sent to a couple applicants who interviewed in September, Purple is officially back to having a hiring pool.

Quote:
We want to congratulate you again on successfully
completing the FedEx Express Crewmember interview
process! As we are approaching Fed Ex's peak season, we are
reducing the size and number of Basic Indoctrination {BI)
classes. Currently, we do not have a Bl class to offer you, you
are in our hiring "Pool" and we look forward to getting you
started.

We will stay in touch with you to keep you updated and hope
your interest in working at FedEx continues and you are able
to join our team. We encourage you to make your
employment decisions based on what you believe is best for
you, your family, and your career. We will let you know when
Bl classes are scheduled; Bl classes are ftlled in the order
applicants were interviewed. You will be scheduled for class
before applicants who successfully complete the interview
process after you.
Hacker15e is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:05 AM   #2  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
Default

The pool is real. Late Aug successful interview...no call yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skytrucker01 is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:09 AM   #3  
Line Holder
 
viperdriver180's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2009
Posts: 33
Default

The last line of that email indicates ‘first in-first out’ of the pool..contrary to the folks at Brown..
viperdriver180 is online now  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:17 AM   #4  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jul 2019
Posts: 29
Default

Let’s hope so!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Skytrucker01 is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:24 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
switch monkey's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Dec 2008
Posts: 33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver180 View Post
The last line of that email indicates ‘first in-first out’ of the pool..contrary to the folks at Brown..
And contrary to purple, circa 2006. Ask me how I know...
switch monkey is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:31 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdriver180 View Post
The last line of that email indicates ‘first in-first out’ of the pool..contrary to the folks at Brown..
That was garbage. I was fortunate enough to get the first class date I was available for brown (didn’t accept), but many are not. It gives no predictability or stability to applicants. Although unfortunate that hiring is slowing, FedEx is doing it right w this style pool.

RST said today “Recent poolies that were told they could expect a class in January are now being told to expect a class date next summer.”
rvfanatic is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 06:41 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767
Posts: 1,439
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfanatic View Post
That was garbage. I was fortunate enough to get the first class date I was available for brown (didn’t accept), but many are not. It gives no predictability or stability to applicants. Although unfortunate that hiring is slowing, FedEx is doing it right w this style pool.

RST said today “Recent poolies that were told they could expect a class in January are now being told to expect a class date next summer.”
Meanwhile every other major is hiring like crazy. This is a decent place, but absolutely not worth waiting until summer for. Keep interviewing folks, and get some numbers behind you. Seems like a good time to get hired at UAL/DAL/AMR.
wrxpilot is online now  
Old 11-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #8  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Position: MD-11/C-17
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxpilot View Post
Meanwhile every other major is hiring like crazy. This is a decent place, but absolutely not worth waiting until summer for. Keep interviewing folks, and get some numbers behind you. Seems like a good time to get hired at UAL/DAL/AMR.
Both Delta and United have pressed the pause button on hiring at least once in the last two years (I think United didn’t hire for about 5 months). Doesn’t strike me as all that crazy that we do the same every once in a while.
Moosefire is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Jan 2014
Posts: 157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosefire View Post
Both Delta and United have pressed the pause button on hiring at least once in the last two years (I think United didn’t hire for about 5 months). Doesn’t strike me as all that crazy that we do the same every once in a while.
As a FDX shareholder, the performance of FDX vs UAL and DAL are vastly different in the last two years. I feel this slow down means much more at FDX given the atmospherics surrounding it and the consistently poor quarterly returns. It may not be #1 choice for many given the short term fluctuations. I hope it rebounds soon. Fred is a smart guy. Time will tell.
rvfanatic is offline  
Old 11-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #10  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2012
Posts: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvfanatic View Post
As a FDX shareholder, the performance of FDX vs UAL and DAL are vastly different in the last two years. I feel this slow down means much more at FDX given the atmospherics surrounding it and the consistently poor quarterly returns. It may not be #1 choice for many given the short term fluctuations. I hope it rebounds soon. Fred is a smart guy. Time will tell.
Thank you for being a shareholder. Alas, and as you know economic conditions affect FedEx vastly different than UAL or any Legacy. Those that want to be here shouldn't make that decision based on "short term fluctuations."
opt0712 is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FNC: Is FAA sacrificing safety for diversity? SonicFlyer Safety 40 06-30-2018 10:54 PM
ExpressJet hiring / Pilot Pool? MtnPeakCruiser ExpressJet 194 12-19-2014 11:03 AM
UPS Hiring Pool?? Rocco Cargo 15 08-13-2012 09:33 AM
Shortage or Just Hiring Wave- Analysis PilotAnalyst Major 64 06-09-2012 01:29 PM
XJT Hiring Pool Redraider217 Regional 106 05-08-2012 09:15 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:09 AM.