Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #1  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 13
Default CRJ or ERJ Rating for Overseas

If I had the choice of a CRJ or ERJ in a USA regional Airline, with the idea of moving on after a few years to fly one of these aircraft outside of the USA, which Type would be the best to get experience on?

Does China use more CRJs or ERJs?
thanks.
Jerry Springer is offline  
Old 02-14-2018, 02:54 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jrmyl's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 767-300ER
Posts: 278
Default

I am not sure which are truly more in use there, but I have seen about an equal number of CRJ-900's and ERJ-190's. Haven't seen any small rj's.

Granted I have a small airport selection. PVG, TAO, DLC, TSN, CTU, XMN, WUH, and CAN. They might have more at the smaller cities in between.
jrmyl is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 12:26 AM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
NEDude's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmyl View Post
I am not sure which are truly more in use there, but I have seen about an equal number of CRJ-900's and ERJ-190's. Haven't seen any small rj's.

Granted I have a small airport selection. PVG, TAO, DLC, TSN, CTU, XMN, WUH, and CAN. They might have more at the smaller cities in between.
I have seen plenty of the smaller RJs in China. All of them with faded paint, in disrepair, with weeds growing around them.

From my recollection I tended to see more of the China Express CRJ-900s than any of the ERJ170/190 family. But that may just be due to where I was flying.
NEDude is offline  
Old 02-15-2018, 05:58 AM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
jrmyl's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 767-300ER
Posts: 278
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
I have seen plenty of the smaller RJs in China. All of them with faded paint, in disrepair, with weeds growing around them.

From my recollection I tended to see more of the China Express CRJ-900s than any of the ERJ170/190 family. But that may just be due to where I was flying.
True. I was in Dalian a couple of days ago and had a CRJ-900 parked in front of us and 2 E-190's to the side of us. I have also seen several in Qindao in the local airlines paint so I think they are starting to increase the numbers of those.
jrmyl is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #5  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2011
Posts: 45
Default

E-190. Hands down. Far more opportunities in Asia and Eastern Europe. The CL-65 is very limited with airlines, and even more so on the corporate side. There are many E-190 operators with large fleets and large orders. Because of its size, the E-190 also has more opportunities to transition into larger aircraft. Several airlines are offering tracks to the Airbus or Boeing. Those offers arenít spectacular now, but will become more common and more attractive as the demand for pilots in the West grows, and the operators here are forced to raise incentives to lure foreigners.
Stanimal is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 06:11 AM   #6  
Don't say Guppy
 
Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Guppy driver
Posts: 1,900
Default

I think most of the worlds' supply of Dornier jets was parked (in XIAN if I remember right) in various states of dissassembly. Lots of missing engines. That was 7 or 8 years ago.
Probe is offline  
Old 02-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #7  
On Reserve
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Feb 2018
Posts: 13
Default

thanks for the input.
Jerry Springer is offline  
Old 03-02-2018, 07:47 AM   #8  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Since the ERJ 170 and 190 are the same type rating, could someone with time on a 170 qualify for a 190 job? My long-term goal is to fly abroad, likely in China, so I'm partly basing my regional airline selection on aircraft.
StaffAvi8r is offline  
Old 03-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #9  
Layover Master
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaffAvi8r View Post
Since the ERJ 170 and 190 are the same type rating, could someone with time on a 170 qualify for a 190 job? My long-term goal is to fly abroad, likely in China, so I'm partly basing my regional airline selection on aircraft.
Yes.

Friend of mine flew at Republic then went to China flying a 190.
PotatoChip is offline  
Old 03-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #10  
On Reserve
 
Joined APC: Aug 2017
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoChip View Post
Yes.

Friend of mine flew at Republic then went to China flying a 190.
Thanks! I may end up taking that same route.
StaffAvi8r is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expressjet 2013/2014 Contract NoHandHold ExpressJet 323 01-14-2014 07:47 AM
CRJ or ERJ? JerkStore Regional 45 12-17-2013 05:50 PM
FAA not accepting SIC time towards ATP min. theHub Flight Schools and Training 33 01-28-2012 04:56 PM
Eagle CRJ or ERJ? Husker402 Regional 35 09-22-2011 09:35 AM
CRJ or ERJ or Prop? Dark Knight Technical 34 07-31-2009 09:06 AM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:49 PM.