Go Back   Airline Pilot Central Forums - Find your next job as a Pilot > >
Fractional NetJets, FlexJet, etc
 

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-08-2017, 09:04 PM   #1
Line Holder
Thread Starter
 
Joined APC: Jul 2014
Position: Captain
Posts: 38
Default NJA 350 or Latitude

At Netjets.

Would you go to the 350 or Latitude?

Trying to decide...

Pro's and con's.

Thanks
hkdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #2
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2010
Posts: 736
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkdguy View Post
At Netjets.

Would you go to the 350 or Latitude?

Trying to decide...

Pro's and con's.

Thanks

Whichever one has more job opportunities outside of NJA...

Hear me out... when i was hired, in 2007, I had a choice between the X and the Ultra/Encore. Maybe an -800 also...

I chose the X because of obvious ego reasons.

Come 2010 I am furloughed and looking for jobs.. There were jobs to be had in just about every fleet EXCEPT Citation X's. Netjets had by far the largest fleet of Citations X's. And realistically speaking, not a whole ton of corporate flight departments/135's own X's.


So... go with whatever you feel is the most valuable type rating to land jobs elsewhere if needed. I'd assume the 350 is more popular with aviation departments
kingairfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:46 AM   #3
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Dec 2016
Posts: 148
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingairfun View Post
Whichever one has more job opportunities outside of NJA...

Hear me out... when i was hired, in 2007, I had a choice between the X and the Ultra/Encore. Maybe an -800 also...

I chose the X because of obvious ego reasons.

Come 2010 I am furloughed and looking for jobs.. There were jobs to be had in just about every fleet EXCEPT Citation X's. Netjets had by far the largest fleet of Citations X's. And realistically speaking, not a whole ton of corporate flight departments/135's own X's.


So... go with whatever you feel is the most valuable type rating to land jobs elsewhere if needed. I'd assume the 350 is more popular with aviation departments
Definitely this
BuckeyeFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:59 AM   #4
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: PIC
Posts: 196
Default

They are both VERY busy fleets and both are supposed to be nice airplanes to fly. But as others have pointed out, in the corporate world it's pretty clear a CL-350 type rating would be a more valuable credential for contract flying or another job.

To me, the Challenger is a no-brainer choice.
GeeWizDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 12:27 PM   #5
Gets Weekends Off
 
Jetlife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,442
Default

Are you a current employee who can hold either one? Both are good airplanes. I think the Challenger type would be way more useful outside of NJA if you want to do contract work, or if you unfortunately find yourself on the street. The Lat is still very new. From a QOL standpoint, you will get run into the ground either one, doesn't matter the flavor.
Jetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:17 PM   #6
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2014
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlife View Post
Are you a current employee who can hold either one? Both are good airplanes. I think the Challenger type would be way more useful outside of NJA if you want to do contract work, or if you unfortunately find yourself on the street. The Lat is still very new. From a QOL standpoint, you will get run into the ground either one, doesn't matter the flavor.
Jetlife, how are you an expert in all things NJA yet you don't work there and haven't in awhile. You own 1 in 3 posts on anything NJA.
Turning on my ignore list again. The list of 1.
NJA04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:21 PM   #7
Gets Weekends Off
 
Jetlife's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJA04 View Post
Jetlife, how are you an expert in all things NJA yet you don't work there and haven't in awhile. You own 1 in 3 posts on anything NJA.
Turning on my ignore list again. The list of 1.
NetJets is so easy to figure out, anyone with half a brain can do it. Instead of getting ****y, challenge anything I said. Itís a totally fair statement.
Jetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 03:09 PM   #8
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 386
Default

Both choices suck for a pilot at NetJets. I would personally go with the Lattitude and auto throttles and the fact that it is a little less capable of doing everything than the 350. Both fleets will abuse you. Auto throttles may make your life a tiny bit easier. Good luck.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
jtf560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #9
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Oct 2013
Posts: 81
Default

The 350 doesnít suck, itís a good airplane to fly. The trips and duty days are nothing worse than other fleets. Iíve not flown the latitude, but having spent 7 years in the sovereign Iím sure itís a good plane as well. Management will only abuse you if you allow them to. Take it one leg at a time, DNIF when you are sick, fatigue when you are tired, delay/cancel when the weather is not safe and write up the jet when itís broke.

In the past there have been slower fleets, those days are gone. All of the new fleets work hard. Expect it and manage it as a professional and you wonít be abused.

Last edited by MWilliams; 11-09-2017 at 05:14 PM.
MWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 06:09 PM   #10
New Hire
 
Joined APC: Nov 2017
Posts: 6
Default

I would think that from a pilots (and pax) perspective, the much lower cabin altitude of the Latitude would be much less fatiguing (5,900' vs 7,900'), especially after 3-4 hour trips and 12 hour days.
Fredturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
 

 
Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NJA 350 or Latitude hkdguy Fractional 20 05-22-2017 12:57 PM
Bombardier launches Challenger 350 w Netjets Sata 4000 RP Fractional 7 06-03-2013 01:20 PM
NJA vs FDX charleyvarrick Cargo 34 08-27-2011 12:10 PM
Glad I'm not at NJA now kingairfun Fractional 13 02-28-2011 11:04 AM
Citationshares phone interview need info 350pilot Fractional 25 09-26-2006 07:39 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:23 PM.


vBulletin® v3.9.3.3, Copyright ©2000-2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc.