Notices

jetBlue Hiring

Old 12-02-2015, 01:33 PM
  #6311  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: Back in right seat
Posts: 200
Default

Originally Posted by rvr1800 View Post
So if we don't agree with your side of the argument it's group think? This program is absolutely unnecessary. Do you see all the regionals starting programs like this? They are the ones who will be effected (affected?) by any "pilot shortage". We all know however that there is not ever going to be a pilot shortage in the top 5 US carriers.

You may not be management but you do work at OSC in the training department correct? You will be, or already do, work alongside those molding this program. So maybe the one suffering from "group think" is yourself from your time spent there.

Maybe we can conclude that the new JB pilot contract will be so unattractive to newhires in a few years that they expect to have to hire pilots without experience.

Seems like a red flag.
IrishNJ is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:37 PM
  #6312  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisx2 View Post
These G7ers still have to get all the ratings and get some experience at the regionals before coming on full time.
This is not true. The company has stated the candidates in this program will get their 1500 hours by instructing at the "business partner" i.e. All ATP's or a similar type company. The pilots will not have any 121 experience when they come to Jetblue.
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:40 PM
  #6313  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ted Striker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6
Posts: 749
Default

I will give you a tip on how to get your application looked at.... update it, and update it frequently. This will immensely help your chances of getting your application looked at.
Ted Striker is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:47 PM
  #6314  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 79
Default

I am an adjunct, so yes, I work at OSC. The groupthink I am referring to is that of pretty much every poster on this thread. Groupthink could be right or wrong, it's just a term for what the majority thinks and I'm simply saying I'm not agreeing with the majority based on what I'm seeing - my opinion is not better or worse than yours.

As far as why the regionals aren't doing it - I see them trying certain things. I don't think it would be successful because the carrot isn't big enough.
Chrisx2 is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:51 PM
  #6315  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisx2 View Post
I am an adjunct, so yes, I work at OSC. The groupthink I am referring to is that of pretty much every poster on this thread. Groupthink could be right or wrong, it's just a term for what the majority thinks and I'm simply saying I'm not agreeing with the majority based on what I'm seeing - my opinion is not better or worse than yours.

As far as why the regionals aren't doing it - I see them trying certain things. I don't think it would be successful because the carrot isn't big enough.
So do you think your experience as a pilot at Expressjet provided you nothing worthwhile that you brought with you as a pilot here at Jetblue? Or do you think that experience can be simulated in a box?
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 01:53 PM
  #6316  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,231
Default

Originally Posted by Chrisx2 View Post
I am an adjunct, so yes, I work at OSC. The groupthink I am referring to is that of pretty much every poster on this thread. Groupthink could be right or wrong, it's just a term for what the majority thinks and I'm simply saying I'm not agreeing with the majority based on what I'm seeing - my opinion is not better or worse than yours.

As far as why the regionals aren't doing it - I see them trying certain things. I don't think it would be successful because the carrot isn't big enough.
"I'm an independent thinker who can see through the group think mentality to arrive at my own conclusions"

Yeah that's not condescending at all.
rvr1800 is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 02:32 PM
  #6317  
Line Holder
 
Joined APC: Nov 2015
Position: EMB Any seat available
Posts: 27
Default

Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
I will give you a tip on how to get your application looked at.... update it, and update it frequently. This will immensely help your chances of getting your application looked at.

Does that still apply with the new application? I know that used to work but I don't see how with the new application process. You fill out the app and submit and no more cigs he's are allowed other than updating my profile. I used to do it but recently given up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Airplane is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 02:38 PM
  #6318  
Covfefe
 
Joined APC: Jun 2015
Posts: 2,816
Default

Originally Posted by Airplane View Post
Does that still apply with the new application? I know that used to work but I don't see how with the new application process. You fill out the app and submit and no more cigs he's are allowed other than updating my profile. I used to do it but recently given up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Multiple people in the hiring dept said to update your profile/hours every week or two. The most infrequent I heard from a recruiter was at least once a month. The more the better. Seems to be a common theme for those who got interviews. I was doing mine maybe every month or two but started doing it more frequently around the last window and vets in blue when I heard that.
BeatNavy is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 02:47 PM
  #6319  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Ted Striker's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: B6
Posts: 749
Default

Only certain people have access to the data base from where names are pulled for interviews. Once your application is in the system, the best way to get noticed is to update your application. This will allow your application a better chance of getting viewed. Think of it like this... You walk into the recruitment office for a job with one hundred applications stacked on the recruiters desk. One hundred applicants applied for the same job, but only ten applicants go in everyday, take their application from the pile and place it on the top. This will greatly enhance your chance of the recruiter viewing those ten applicants over the other ninety just stuck in limbo on the bottom. Assuming your application is competitive at the time. The kicker is there is no way of knowing if your application had been viewed, then passed on. The other way is your name was specifically searched for from a job fair, Bluedart, or other means to be pulled for an interview.
Ted Striker is offline  
Old 12-02-2015, 05:18 PM
  #6320  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Oct 2012
Position: 190 captain and “Pro-pilot”
Posts: 2,639
Default

Originally Posted by IrishNJ View Post
Maybe we can conclude that the new JB pilot contract will be so unattractive to newhires in a few years that they expect to have to hire pilots without experience.

Seems like a red flag.

Yeah that's what it is
pilotpayne is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Freight Dog
Hiring News
26
08-01-2016 01:48 PM
RiddleEagle18
Major
1
04-21-2011 07:13 AM
tone
Hiring News
139
05-16-2010 09:34 PM
tone
Hiring News
22
04-28-2010 05:20 AM
ryane946
Major
6
02-21-2007 04:17 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Thread Tools
Search this Thread